Honeywell / ADT Compatibility

I have a home alarm system which is controlled with Honeywell Total Connect 2.0. I am new to ST and can’t figure out how to get it to work with ST. I have read through most of the posts concerning the integration TC 2.0 and ST but it’s above my technical level at this point. I can’t seem get anyone to “dumb it down” for a novice. I just want to arm/disarm the system based on ST mode.

The only other solution I can come up with is to purchase an ADT Security Hub as it seems to have direct compatibility with ST. With that in mind, I have two questions:

1. Will this hub arm/disarm based on the mode of ST?
  2. How can I determine if my current wireless sensors will be compatible with it?

Thanks,

Bill

The ADT alarm panel is only compatible with ADT sensors for the purposes of security. ADT sensors can also be used in other ST automations, like SmartLighting. Non-ADT sensors can only be used in ST and cannot be used for the ADT security side of things.

Also, take a look here at integrating your TC 2.0 with smartthings. I good rule of thumb is to search the forum before you post. In fact, using regular old google will usually bring up a post from this forum if you add SmartThings to your search, since the search here can be a little wonkey.

The answer to your first question about the art hub is yes and no.

By default ADT and SmartThings doesn’t enable any way to control the alarm mode from the Smartthings side odmf the system. There is a smartapp called ADT Tools that could enable it with the use of virtual momentary buttons and a routine.

I appreciate your response and additional information on the sensors.

As stated in my original post, “I have read through most of the posts concerning the integration TC 2.0 and ST but it’s above my technical level at this point”. I have in fact searched the forum and Google before asking for help here. I have previously tried to implement both option #1 and #2 from the referred post, but, I can’t get either to work. I’m sure it’s me, I just don’t have the ST experience to understand what I’m doing wrong… Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Hi,

Can you share this app?

Its right there in the post.