Homeseer switches randomly going down

We are currently renovating a house and have installed about 80 homeseer WS-100+ switches through the house. We haven’t moved in yet, but over the past month I have been setting up automations and double/triple tap events through ABC and Webcore.

My issue is that every now and then a random switch will go down. If I turn it off and on through the switch I can see it turning on and off through smartthings. But I can’t control it at all through the app. If I double/triple tap it, all associated events will work with the exception of that switch.

I am not able to replace the switch in the app because smartthings thinks it is working fine, and if I reset the switch it automatically removes it from smartthings and I lose all programing. It is getting really frustrating since it takes quite a bit of time to add the switches back into the automations.

I am wondering if anyone is experiencing this and if there is a simple way to get these switches to interact again without removing them or resetting them? They are all on 5.16 firmware and I just ordered the homeseer zwave stick to try to upgrade them to 5.17.

One other thing to note, we are still renovating so every now and then a breaker will be shut off and on again, but switches have gone down without their breakers being touched as well.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Seeing something similar with some of my my GE12xxx series devices. ST support has not helped so far because I had custom DTHs attached to the devices…

Yes, I didn’t think support would help since it is technically not an approved device. As much as I like smartthings, this might be the reason I will have to move to homeseer. There are just too many switches in the house for this to keep happening.

I’m going to try to switch one to an approved DTH and then see what they do. I already know it’s not the DTH, but I know how the game is played…

Nathan

Get Outlook for Androidhttps://aka.ms/ghei36

Have you added devices or messed with electrical lately?

I do wonder if the instability of power going on and off in the house and me still adding more devices is part of the issue. I won’t really know until we move in and everything is set up.

Negative. Well at least I didn’t. Who knows what the power company did.

I was in a relative period of stability. I’m trying not to artificially tie to the most recent firmware update, although timing is… Coincidental.

@darwin have you ever had switches go down? You seem to have the most experience with these and smartthings.

@Brad_ST here’s another thread with similar symptoms, this time Homeseer hardware. This is the reason I pinged you into these.

I only have a few of the WS100+ switches currently installed, so its probably not a great data point, but have not seen a connectivity issue. To my knowledge, my front porch light on one of the
switches has never missed a sunset on event in nearly two years of operation.