HomeSeer HSM200 Support

Do you know if others have had problems similar to what I am seeing? Unresponsive sensor, and steady blue flashing LED? I am starting to think the sensor is simply bad, but I am not sure of that.

Okay, I have an update. I got it partially working. I used the code from the above posts with the last update 2016-10-06.
It shows temp, motion, and Lux. The one quirk is that the config button does nothing. Any ideas?

The configure button generally just sends configuration commands to the device. When you say it isnā€™t doing anything, what are you expecting it to do?

1 Like

I noticed that when you execute to turn on the LED, it always goes to the default color, but you can overide the color gamut but when you turn off the light and back on, it goes back to the default color. How do you set this to always use a color that you set manually or can set in the DH to a different default.

please advise.

I canā€™t get mine to pair follow the steps discussed in the previous replies by strouja. Going to contact the company on Wednesday. Hopefully they have some answers.

Is anyone still supporting this device for Smartthings? I just purchased one, installed on my network and updated to the latest device handler, yet I canā€™t get the motion sensor to work (it works fine when you first plug it in and itā€™s in ā€œtest modeā€), and I also canā€™t get smart lighting automation to send proper SetColor commands (at best it will send a command to setcolor to #ffffff and then immediately send a command to setcolor to #000000 so it only quickly blinks white, regardless of what color Iā€™m trying to send). I exchanged for a new one and it has the exact same behavior so I know itā€™s not the hardwareā€¦

Hello @DuhDude,

I just installed one of these a few minutes ago. Canā€™t comment on the Smart Lighting Automation because I havenā€™t played with it yet. That said, motion wasnā€™t working for me when, after it paired as a RGBW light as expected, I switched it to the default EZMultiply DTH as provided by SmartThings in the dropdown.

I created my own local DTH using the most recent link I found in this discussion (https://github.com/drzwave/ExpressControls/blob/master/EZMultiPliDeviceType.gy) - switched - and, like a miracle, motion started working, which is something.

Good luck!

[Edit - @duhdude although motion is working fine - Iā€™m having the same experience as you with not being able to set color in Smart Lighting automation (or the regular automation in the new app). As in your case, all Iā€™m getting is a setcolor to #ffffff and then immediately setcolor to #000000. Also, although I can manually control on/off and color in the Classic app, if I try to set color in the new app it hangs up. Iā€™m going to see if I can do anything with WebCore - and if not, this might be a return, which would be a pity - I really like the concept]

1 Like

@DuhDude I finally decided to return it. I was getting some functionality with it using WebCore but in general I wasnā€™t happy with it. Some of the colors (white and purple in particular) were really unattractive (white was a pale sickly orange, purple an unpleasant pink). Given the limitations and appearance it just wasnā€™t worth the spend for me. (The colored indicator light was my main reason for getting it).

For the same price I created a very elegant and superior solution by combining

• A HS-FLS100+ hardwired motion sensor (that screws into a 1/2" electrical box hole)
  • A White, 3-hold Round Lamp Holder Electrical Box Cover
  • A plug-in, hanging Lamp cord cable (with screw-hooks), and
  • A Sengled Z-Wave Multicolored Bulb
  • 2 screw hooks, 2 wire nuts, and some electrical tape
    You mount the electrical box cover wherever you want the motion sensor to be (the cover alone has just enough space in it that you probably donā€™t need an actual electrical box behind it), and then you splice the lamp cord cable to run power from the wall outlet into the electrical box cover, and then run the other side of the lamp cord cable out of the electrical box to wherever you want the lamp to be (discarding any excess cable length). Youā€™ll end up with a much brighter beacon bulb. SmartLighting sends TurnOn, SetColor, and SetDimLevel commands in response to a single trigger. This is some quality looking hardware vs. the HSM200 and whatā€™s more, you donā€™t have the color bulb attached to the motion sensor if you donā€™t want to.
1 Like

I would love to see a picture of this!

Hereā€™s the setup! Not what Iā€™d call beautiful since the wiring is exposed but good enough for the garage. Plus the materials donā€™t have the dollar-store plastic look that the HSM200 has. The part of the cable you canā€™t see just plugs into the wall. The red wire on the motion sensor in this case doesnā€™t attach to anything (i.e. the light bulb is always fully powered just like a smart bulb ought to be) but that red wire is just a simple smart switch so you could have it power something too. You also have the option of having the motion sensor operate that relay independently of a smart home hub, just like a regular ā€œdumbā€ floodlight motion sensor. I go in and out of my garage all the time and I was tired of battery-operated z-wave sensors always turning off the lights on me because they are not sensitive enough and get tired of always reporting your motion status to save their batteries I guess. This solves that problem 100%. The smart switch it operates is inside the house, otherwise the GE 26933 switch is equally good. The bulb indicates the house alarm status where red=armed, green=disarmed, orange= ā€œIā€™ll arm the alarm next time I sense that the garage door closesā€, blue="thereā€™s someone approaching the garage window so I need to turn off the garage lights right now so that your mirror tint works properly

"

2 Likes

Thanks for sharing, Scott. I appreciate your ingenuity!

1 Like

I just purchased three of these. Thinking these were supported by ST, I used the EXMultipli MF sensor to include it. The initial paring took several times, but after I figured out that typing the pin in works on not using the QR code, I got to the RGWB bulb stage. But beyond allowing dimming, it didnā€™t do much else. I then excluded the device, added your DH, and re included it. No change. I went into my devices, but there is no ability to change the ā€œtypesā€ nor can I do much beyond a bulb in the app. Any ideas?

I figured out the main issue: The mfr in the finger print needed to be changed from 001E to 000C for HomeSeer (?). With this, I was able to adjust the temperature calibration and turn the device on/off, check motion and check lux. Lux seems low, but it is cloudy today. Using both motion and temp with an automation, I was able to turn on a fan, which was my goal, so this is working well!
The main limitation as others have pointed out, is that the color selection does not seem to work (without more code).

1 Like