[OBSOLETE] Homeseer HS-WD200+?

Homeseer’s website says to use the WD200+ handler.
hs-fc200 fan controller information

I’ll find out. I have one coming Monday.

@brenthaag - I have 7 arriving Monday too! I know what I am doing Monday night :wink: As stated above, the WD200 DTH should work but it will likely have settings that do not apply and in webCore it may be confusing if the device appears to support more LEDs than it has (setting color, blink on/off can only be done in webCore). I will try to clean up the code and derive 3 DTHs, one for each device with only appropriate settings. As an example, the DTH that HS provides for the WS200 is a modified version of the WD200 DTH which was not polished as it still has preferences specific to the dimmer only. I will send the 3
DTHs to @Darwin since the original code was his hoping he can adopt some of my edits (which will likely need to be reworked a bit as I am not a programmer) and redistribute the revised DTHs to all. One update I have already made to my dimmer’s DTH is to support a new feature HS just added to dimmers which allows you to enable the dimmer to dim to a lower setting if the load supports it. I added a preference where you can switch this on but I have to see if there is a way to enable this feature only if you have firmware 5.12 or above. BTW, 5.10 is the latest firmware they released. 5.12 is beta and available on their site for testing. I upgraded all my dimmers and it seems to work nicely.

A fan DTH should have high, medium, low settings, not a dimmer, unless they programmed it to have 100 different speed settings, which I doubt.

@aruffell that sounds good. I figured the existing handler was not tuned for the fan, but we should be able to get something going decent like you said.

I haven’t tried tackling Z-Wave firmware upgrades, yet. Maybe someday Samsung will have it built in…maybe not.

Look at HomeSeer’s Z-Flash. IF you want to try it, get the sw plus the usb stick kit. You add it to your ST setup as a secondary controller so that Z-Flash can pull in all the devices in its range WITHOUT having to exclude them from ST first. You can then upgrade the firmware without disrupting your ST setup. In some cases the firmware upgrade causes the node ID to be lost/reset so you have to re-include the device. On a few dozens devices I upgraded, only the HomeSeer Switches needed to be re-included. As long as you are not too far away from the device and your Zwave network isn’t overloaded with traffic, the upgrade is pretty straightforward and reliable.

2 Likes

That sounds great @aruffell. I have a HS-FC200+ arriving in a few days and can test and redistribute the device handler for this - as well as look at merging in any changes you’ve made to the other DH’s. I’ll let HomeSeer know as well when we’re ready so they can update their website documentation.

hi, is it a way to add to device handler option so when the load is off we can change bottom led color to different then default led color . Example default color is white but when switch is off the bottom led glow solid blue. I can do it in the webcore but looks like there is some delay and sometimes switch freezes in previous state.

I sent you the FC200 DTH code via PM since it really isn’t ready to share with a larger audience.

2 Likes

I didn’t get it, I guess becose I’m a new user to this forum my pm is blocked. Is there any other way , I can post temporary email adres to send you this code. ? After that email account will be erased. switchhandler@kkmail.be

@Robo8 - I sent my incomplete FC200 DTH to @Darwin via PM as he was the original developer of the WD200 DTH. My code is based on his WD200 DTH so I am hoping he can clean it up and finish it before it is released for all to use.

I am guessing you are not actually needing the FC200 DTH given your post above seems to refer to the WD200.

I do not believe the current WD200 firmware allows you to select 2 LED color defaults - one for load on and one for load off. As far as I know you can only pick one default.

What you appear to be doing in webCore is mimicking default functionality by using a status led. In other words, I am guessing you left the default LED color to white, and then use webcore to turn on led 0 in blue when the dimmer is off.

thanks for info

I received the fan control switch (HS-FC200+) and also a HS-WD200+. The fan switch installed easy peasy, but I can’t get the dimmer to pair or even reset (per the instructions of turning it on, tapping the up 3 times and down 3 times). Has anyone had any trouble pairing and/or reseting a HomeSeer switch? I have (3) 100 series switches and have had no trouble pairing or anything else.

I wanted to check here before I contact HomeSeer for support. Thanks in advance for any help!

I answered my own question–I FINALLY got the switch to reset–must’ve just had to reset my brain overnight. Once I got it reset, it paired perfectly.

Now, I can rest easy. :slight_smile:

Hello all, I’m having several issues with my WD200 dimmer switch using the @Darwin DTH . I installed the WD200 in a location that controls an array of 5 recessed light fixtures up on my vaulted ceiling (so no practical way to access them). For reference I think the fixtures are LED. Previously these fixtures were controlled by an Lutron Maestro non-smart dimmer. I am running into the following issues:

1. When not at full brightness (below 60-75%) the lights constantly flicker. I have ordered a 10 kOhm/5 watt resistor as I’ve read adding one in parallel at the back of the switch can fix this issue in some cases. There was no flicker at any brightness level with the previous dimmer.

2. The dimmer has 7 LEDs indicating the level, however once the light has reached 4 LEDs (~55% as displayed in the ST app) there is no longer any perceivable change in brightness. LEDs 5-7 all appear to be 100% brightness.

3. I cannot find a complete list of Z-wave parameters. Here are two partial lists: https://products.z-wavealliance.org/products/2676/configs
    https://homeseer.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/HS-WD200-Manual-5.pdf
    However there are clear gaps in the parameter descriptions, and Z-Wave Tweaker shows many more without any description.

Can anyone provide me with some guidance regarding my issues?

I’m assuming the bulbs dimmed fine with the old Lutron dimmer? Assuming they did, I would reach out to HomeSeer for help. I have several HomeSeer dimmer switches, but they are all on incandescent bulbs.

Did anyone ever make a device handler for this that has the proper low/med/high buttons?

EDIT: found one here:

1 Like

Hi there this is a greeat new way to use status LED’s to cover a wide range of siutuations.
Stupid question…is there a way to default the LED to being unlit when the condition is no longer being met…or do i need to create a separate piston/condition to switch the LED off? It would be great if there is a way “true then this” false then this within the same piston?
Im new to this so I might have missed it…thanks!

I may not be interpreting your question correctly, but here is a simple demo piston I used to flash all LED’s red when a door is open when in night mode, otherwise the dimmer will be in normal mode :

Love Homeseer! Have been a customer since the X10 days. Seeing these guys expand their products to ST is so awesome!