[OBSOLETE] Homeseer HS-WD200+?

Is this in Smartthings Handler?

I just got a 5 pack of HS-WD200+ dimmers, but I’m having some issues. Is there a new or different device handler I could try?

I currently set up the DH from the Homeseer site. It connects to the dimmer and displays the Firmware V 5.9, but the behavior is sketchy. It will turn off the switch, but not on again. And it doesn’t always register that the switch was ever turned 100% off. Dimming wont always work via the smartthings app.

Also, I tried setting an led color using setSwitchModeStatus(); and setStatusLED(1,1,0); but it just turns off all the LEDs and I can’t get them to turn on again unless I reset the switch.

Any ideas?

[Edit] I am using the Device Handler located here: https://github.com/DarwinsDen/SmartThingsPublic/blob/master/devicetypes/homeseer/wd200-dimmer.src/wd200-dimmer.groovy

You can try changing to the Z-Wave Dimmer Switch Generic type in the IDE. It won’t have the multi-tap or LED control features, but you can at least see if it’s the custom DH that is giving you grief for some reason. Or you may be experiencing a Z-Wave mesh issue. How close is the switch to your hub? Are there any repeaters nearby?

For the setStatusLED issue, do you have a delay between the two commands? If not, you may just be seeing that the switch is set to status mode, but the command to turn on the LED is getting missed. You can just drop the setSwitchModeStatus command altogether, since the setStatusLED call will put the switch in status mode by default. To put the switch back to normal mode, you’ll need to call setSwitchNormal(). I posted a sample of a very simple LED status mode on/off WebCoRE script here.

1 Like

Thanks. I used your suggestions to find the issue. It seems like my hub was too far away. the Dimmer had a connection when it was powered on full, but it lost a connection as the lights dimmed. Weird.

Hopefully adding additional dimmers as repeaters and moving the Hub will solve my issues.

[Edit] Yep. Even without moving my hub the issue was resolved when I installed 2 more dimmers. I assume the zwave mesh is stronger now. Ive even set up my LEDs to notify us when the garage door is open, the front door is unlocked, or there is motion detected outside via webcore.

1 Like

Has anyone figured out a solution to a workflow like this:?

If first floor contact sensor is open then LED 1 blinks red, if first floor contact sensor is closed, then LED 1 is off.

If second floor contact sensor is open then LED 2 blinks red, if second floor contact sensor is closed, then LED 2 is off.

Below is my core piston. Currently what happens is if one sensor is opened everything works correctly, but if I close that sensor, and then open the other sensor, BOTH LEDs come on. It seems like when the sensor is closed, the status LED goes away, but when another LED status shows up, the switch remembers the last LED that was on. If that makes sense. Thanks!!!

I found an issue with the DH where turning off the last lit LED would set the switch to Normal mode, but would leave the LED state as on. This made it appear as if everything was working, but the LED would still be set to on the next time the switch was put in Status mode.

The issue is corrected in the latest version on GitHub. Let me know if this corrects the issue - or if it causes other issues for anyone else.

2 Likes

Thank you so much, that fixed it!!

1 Like

I’m looking for some clarification on this device. I was about to buy this from Amazon but after reading some reviews, enough people said some upgrade was needed to the device because of upgrades to smartthings which essentially coat them $90 for the extra stuff they had to buy for the firmware upgrade to be able to get it to work with smartthings again. But I see no talks of upgrading the firmware in the device here, just the device handler. I really want this, I only need 1 maybe 2, but it’s not worth $140
switch plus upgrade hardware.

What’s the situation on that?..eapecially how smartthings is going through upgrades right now. I already had my Denon handler break.

Thanks.

Also, I just noticed this thing is supposed to be zwave plus. I thought zwave plus is supposed to support ota firmware upgrades?

I’m not sure what upgrade they are referring to. I have the smartthings hub. It connects automatically. You can use the default Zwave dimmer device handler, or add the device handler above for more customization options.

Just buy it from HomeSeer,com. It’s cheaper than Amazon, will definitely have the latest firmware and shipping is free for orders over $100. I bought about a dozen (total) dimmers and aux units and everything works fine. Just use Darwin’s DH for full features.

1 Like

Having a small issue which i know saw discussed “somewhere” but cant find it lol.

I use hold (buttons 5/6) to turn a harmony activity on/off (works as expected), but on hold down my light that the switch controls goes from OFF to 1%? dimmed.

If i click down once more it goes back off.

Any fix/workaround or can dimmer functions be removed altogether from the switch (currently dont need dimming on this particular switch?

alternatively, can i run the WS200 DH on the WD200? To avoid the conflict with hold up/hold down and dim level

Dimming by physically holding the paddle down is controlled locally by the switch firmware. Unfortunately I’m not aware of a way to disable this behavior via a DH mod. I did try setting a fast local ramp rate in the hope that this would resolve your issue, but the dim level appears to always end up at 1% whenever the switch is held (vs momentarily pressed) down.

Thanks for the response. I set up a core piston to turn the switch off if it sits at 1% for a minute. That seems to work without creating any abnormal responses that would occur if it fired immediately every time the switch was at 1%. Seems liveable.

1 Like

Dang. I was hoping there was a way to edit the DH such that I could use it to to control Phillip’s Hue Lights. I was hoping to reprogram the press and hold feature from physically dimming the lights to sending a Hue command to dim the lights.

Would the WD200 work without the line and load connected? I assume not with the LEDs on the dimmer. I was hoping to hardwire the lights on and then use a mirror switch status automation to then dim the Hue lights. Would that work?

One more question, watching a couple YouTube videos I notice when there is a status change that’s programmed to an led, when that event happens all of the other lights go out except that light. Now in the example, that event was programmed to trigger a blinking indicator.

What I want to do is have all my indicators blue, and if I have a window(s) sensor open, that corresponding led changes to steady red AND have all the other lights stay on as blue, and so on. Then if i close the window(s) the corresponding light(s) turns back to standard blue not affecting any other light(s) that didn’t have an event sent to them. Is what i want to do possible?

Bump, Anyone?

I just got mine and have it set up. When I change one LED, the rest maintain the last thing that I sent them.

Thanks for responding. Ok, so the main reason I asked this question is because of this, https://youtu.be/QCB4Dq7lq9I at 3:05 in the video. But his is set to blinking. Is that what matters, blinking vs solid color? Because you are saying you got a totally different result. Or is it because he only has one led indicating a specific status, where if he had three devices indicating something then three leds would be blinking?