[OBSOLETE] Homeseer HS-WD200+?

I made a small mod to the HomeSeer WD200+ device handler (updated version here) to allow setting all LED’s simultaneously by using LED=0. This should help alleviate much of that heavy lift from webCoRE. I also lowered the delay in the setStatusLed call to 100ms from 500ms and haven’t noticed any adverse effects so far.

[Edited] I changed the ‘all LED’ option to 0 (was 8) based on discussion with HomeSeer to be more consistent with how they were implementing the all LED option for their controllers. Both 0 and 8 are supported to specify all LED’s with the device handler as of Feb 28, 2018, but ‘8’ may be deprecated at some point.

1 Like

Works perfectly! Thanks. I had to do a (8,0,0) to get it unstuck (far better than resetting the switch and then having to rebuild all my pistons!). And then for my needs (8,1,0). Very cool.

1 Like

@Darwin. Request for the DTH, add the button number to the Tap ▲▲ label. I am always having to cross reference ;‘if I triple tap up, what button is that?’ Maybe something as minimal as
(3) Tap ▲▲
or
Tap ▲▲ (3)*

FWIW, not even sure if double up is button three- just example above.

Totally nice to have, but! :slight_smile:

One more youtube from Homeseer on programming the lighting, this one is for their own platform - Homeseer and not ST, BUT there is some more interesting information and knowledge embedded in there. Cheers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QCB4Dq7lq9I

Good suggestion. With all the recent button additions, I haven’t been able to keep them straight either. I updated the DH virtual buttons to include the button # and also cut down their size to reduce clutter since there are now so many of them. Downside now is you may need reading glasses and skinny fingers to use them. Let me know if it causes any issues.

Seriously, love it. Definitely not too small for me on a smallish cell phone. Looks fantastic on an iPad too. Many thanks.

Care to do the same to the WD100 DH? Please…:grinning:

Do the buttons (i.e. Tap ▲▲) actually do anything in the handler? I’ve only gotten the dimmer slider to work. I don’t see anything with logging when I press one of the Tap or Hold buttons.

Yes, if you program them to do something when pressed. I have the older generation switches and dimmers and use the Advanced Button Controller smart app to assign other activities to the double, triple, etc taps.

1 Like

OK, very odd as I would think pressing the Tap ▲▲ button would turn the lights to full brightness which is what happens when I double tap the paddle switch. I guess they’re two different events…

We added a 2nd installment on sending status commands to the switches using Web CoRe. FYI https://youtu.be/99Ufc5-fv20

2 Likes

Will the WS200 device handler work with the WS100? Wondering if I can get the 4 and 5 taps on a WS100

Unfortunately, I don’t believe so, unless or until HomeSeer provides a firmware update for the WS100+ switches to support this.

1 Like

I am using the HS-provided WS200 device handler with a bunch of WS100 dimmers, and it works great, but the 4 & 5 tap buttons are not functional.

Why do you want to use the ws100 device handler for the ws200 when homeseer already makes their own device handler for the ws200? Just use the official one.

Hi All, I have just installed one HomeSeer HS-WD200+ dimmer switch. I am having issues getting the led status lights to work correctly.

I curently have Led’s 4,5,6,7 each setup for a different open/close contact sensor. I have built two CoRe Pistons for each, one for open and one for closed. But every time i open one of the contacts all four (4,5,6,7) led’s start flashing, not just the one that is a open contact.

I’ve asked help from HomeSeer but they say they are unable to provide support for piston creation in SmartThings.

Any help would be appriciated. Thanks

The WD200+ remembers the blink status for all LED’s, so whenever you set it in Status Mode (in this case by setting the blink state of one of the LED’s) it will flash all LED’s that have their blink status on. Is it possible your pistons aren’t turning off the blink status for the other LED’s?

That said, I did find a bug in the original handler code that caused issues setting blink status for individual LED’s (fixed now in the latest), but there could still be a related issue lingering in the DH code.

Share your piston, we can look and help advise.

I found for each ‘turn on an led’, I had to specifically build and else if covering the opposite and specifically turn off the LED.

For example, around line 45 (if the switch load is off and some other switch is on, turn on an led; else if (line 56) other switch turns off = set led to off (1,0,0).

Not sure how to share my piston.

Load your piston - click it to open, but do not edit. On that screen, see the green square icon button. Click that and then copy the image that results. Simply paste image here.