[OBSOLETE] HomeSeer HS-WD100+ and more (Simple DTH in post 27, advanced feature DTH in post 32)

As discussed in the [RELEASE] Button Controller Plus, HS-WD100+ HS-WS100+ thread, I’ve updated the HS-WD100+ Device Handler to add the option to specify a dimmer fade-up rate for remote commands. The dimmer ramp up behavior is managed by the device handler itself by sending intermediate level commands, since the device does not currently appear to support a native configuration to set the remote dim rate.

It’s off by default, but can be set in preferences via the gear icon by selecting “Enable remote dim fade-up”. In preferences, You can also change the default values for the % size of each level (currently 5%) and the ms duration to spend at each level (currently 20ms).

In general, the dim level ramped up more smoothly than I expected considering it’s being managed by the device handler and not on the switch where it ideally belongs. Occasionally though, as expected with the cloud and mesh network, I could see some jitter and every so often an out of order level command.

I’m curious if enabling this slower ramp-up behavior will help anyone who is seeing issues with some LED bulbs when turning them on by remotely by setting them to a specific level.

1 Like