[OBSOLETE] HomeSeer HS-WD100+ and more (Simple DTH in post 27, advanced feature DTH in post 32)

Maybe I was a bit confused on the capabilities then, thanks for the info.

Just incase anyone else is looking at both models, I have done some initial testing using the WD100+ Dimmer (v.014) DH from @Darwin on both the HS and DT WD100 switches. I am able to configure double tap, triple tap etc on the DT switch using Smart Lighting SmartApp. From what I can tell, there is no discernable difference in response time between initiating a “scene” with the HS or DT dimmer switch. It is quite possible that I am not using the HS-WD100 to full potential, but I have yet to come across a limitation or difference when compared to the DT WD100. @gkl_sf, is there a way to tell if I am getting an instant status from my DT switches?

The only irk I have is that many of the video’s show the LED lights go out after you adjust the dim level. Mine stay on permanently. This goes for both HS and DT dimmer switches.

Bryan,
In earlier Dragon Tech firmware versions, the LED lights stayed on for only a few seconds after changing the dimming level. In version 5.14, the LEDs stay on. Also, I think the more recent firmware Dragon Techs (i.e., 5.14) have the same functions as the HomeSeer dimmers.

1 Like

Yes if the device supports the firmware class one can Query it using the ST commands don’t recall at the top of my head but it’s there in the zwave list of classes

Received Dragon Tech WS-100 from Amazon. Looks like 2014 version (date code sticker 1443)? Getting instant updates via BasicSet, but no Central Scene (0x5B), and Central Scene not listed in description:

zw:L type:1001 mfr:0184 prod:4447 model:3033 ver:5.05 zwv:3.95 lib:03 cc:5E,86,72,5A,85,59,73,25,27,70,7A role:05 ff:8700 ui:8700

White LED indicator. Was able to switch to Indicator On When Switch On. Solid build and works fine for my needs, but will get homeseer version in the future to be sure to have Central Scene support.

1 Like

Sounds like you have Central Scene support, so you are getting instant status updates as long as you’re using @darwin dth.

btw, where did you buy the Dragon Tech dimmers from (the ones you have are 2016 versions with Central Scene support)? What is the date code on them (if you have any you haven’t installed yet)?

I’ve added firmware version info to the HS-WD100+ dimmer device handler that will be displayed in a value tile. If you are updating the code without re-adding the switch, you’ll need to hit the refresh tile button. I also removed the unused lit indicator tile. I didn’t do a full regression test, so please let me know if something isn’t working. I currently only have access to the HomeSeer dimmer, so I’m curious to know how this works with the Dragontech’s.

2 Likes

The date code on them is 1631, the same as the HS-WD100+ from Homeseer. I bought the DTs from zwaveproducts.com.

zw:L type:1101 mfr:0184 prod:4447 model:3034 ver:5.14 zwv:4.24 lib:03 cc:5E,86,72,5A,85,59,73,26,27,70,2C,2B,5B,7A ccOut:5B role:05 ff:8600 ui:8600

Edit: adding the Raw description for @gkl_sf to see.

1 Like

@Darwin, I just applied your new DH, thanks for the quick work by the way, and the firmware version is shown (v5.14) for both my HS and DT devices. I will continue to test them both out and report back if there are any issues or differences I can see.

2 Likes

Thanks @Bryanb963. Does the firmware display for the DT show as “HomeSeer Technologies” or does it show as Dragon Tech?

The DT switch shows “FIRMWARE V5.14”

Interesting. The firmware version should be prefaced by the manufacturer name. Either the device isn’t sending it or it hasn’t been received yet.

Just updated to latest @Darwin, for myself on IOS it does show the Manufacturer and firmwareV5.14

1 Like

Now that it’s established that the dragon tech 2016 dimmers can do central scene, I’m wondering if anyone has the dragon tech switches (WS-100) which have central scene capability? Also, anyone have a dragon tech WS-100 with a date code other than 1431?

I reached out to zwaveproducts.com and they confirmed with dragontech that the LED always remain on with the 5.14 firmware version (he said it was changed to fall into industry standard, I would have preferred it to be configurable.) He also gave me the contact information for the manufacturer. I went ahead and sent them an email requesting the new firmware files since they do not have a website. If I hear anything back, I’ll let you all know.

2 Likes

Thanks! I will update the code and try it out.

Just tested and I can see the version number. Great work!

2 Likes

@Darwin, I have noticed that setting the dim rate values within the device handler does not seem to make a difference when turning the lights on or off either locally or remotely. Not sure if it is possible, but I am trying to get the lights to turn on at set level as close to instant as possible both with remote and local actions.

@Bryanb963, can you describe the steps you’re doing when you’re seeing the issue? Is this when using the UI slider? I’ll try to re-create here. Thanks.

@Darwin, thanks for the quick reply.

It seems that no matter what values I set the Remote Dim Rate ms and Remote Dim Rate % to, the lights dim up and down at the same rate. About 2 seconds from off to 100% and 3 seconds from 100% to off. This is true on both the HS and DT dimmer switches.

For instance, I would assume that for a fast ramp up/down rate I would set the Remote Dim ms to 1 and the % to 50. For a slow dim rate I would set Remote Dim ms to 1000 and % to 1. I have also tried ms=1 and %=50 as well as ms=1000 and %=1. All of these scenarios result in the same thing.

I’m not sure if you are using the same parameters here, a completely different method or if they have changed in the 5.14 firmware.

1 Like

Ah sorry - I missed that you said dim rate vs dim level. Currently, the dim rate preference setting was a workaround for the original HomeSeer firmware - which did not have configuration options for dim rate control. The original HS firmware also had a very quick dim ramp up rate. The workaround was to continuously adjust the dim level as needed in the DH to achieve the desired dim rate, and since the original HS firmware had a default very quick dim rate, it would work for most conditions. This was still a somewhat ugly hack since the dim rate capability really belonged in the switch firmware.

I believe what is happening now is that since the new HS firmware has a much slower default dim rate, this DH workaround will only work to slow the rate beyond the default rate. You won’t be able to get the rate to be faster without actually changing the config parameters. I have been planning to add support for the new 5.14 supported config parameters and remove the workaround - just haven’t gotten to it yet. It should be a pretty simple change. Please let me know if I misinterpreted something here with the issue…

1 Like

No problem at all. Looking through your DH and comparing to the config parameters, It looked like you did implement some kind of workaround. I’m just getting my feet wet so I wasn’t sure.