HomeKit integration

I know there has been much discussion on this topic. Here is my use case for HomeKit integration with ST. Using an iPhone with my whole house audio system to not only stream music from chrome cast audio but to provide voice notifications of triggered events. My audio system is Bluetooth so I set my iPhone to send audio to those BT speakers. I have the speaker control through an Aton speaker selector which is digital. What I would like to do is integrate beacons to notify the speaker selector to send audio to the speaker for the room I am in at that moment. I think that will be doable. Having HomeKit baked in enables me to take old iPhones and set them in each room plugged in so I can just say hey Siri turn on the lights and the lights in that room come on. There are tons of other use cases with this type of setup.

Discussion on this topic is currently underway in the following thread (this is a clickable link). I’m sure the people there would be very interested in hearing your ideas. :wink:

That said, it’s currently very doable to combine Ibeacons with smart things. I use this myself. And iBeacons are not currently part of the HomeKit standard, although they may be by next summer.

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Homekit and SmartThings: The Latest Discussion