Home Depot smart home clearance

For items on the x.04 , x.02 clearance schedule x.02 is the last stop before they pull them from the shelves. If you find one after that it probably rings up for a penny.

The x.06, x.03 schedule is separate.

now theyā€™re $25 and $13 respectively in north texas.

If somebody is still interested, they have 5 of the Essential kits in the Cumberland store #121, zip code 30339. I bought the premium kits. The price was $25.02 on the label but scanned $0.01!

In case anyone is interested, I ended up adding the ā€œdelayed alarmā€ feature to my GoControl Siren DTH. It allows you to specify the amount of time to wait before sounding the alarm and optionally display the strobe during that delay.

4 Likes

I picked up two in 21234 zip code, but in one of the boxes it looks like the door and window sensors had previously been installed. Battery was already in the device, no screws, etc. Worst part is that I canā€™t get them to pair with my hub. The other set paired just fine.

Did you do a general ZW exclusion ? Especially if you suspect that they are returns ,they are probably still included in the prior ownerā€™s network. If so they will never pair until they get reset.
IF (BIG IF) I remember correctly, there is a button inside to put them into include/exclude mode.

1 Like

Pretty sure the go control d/w sensor has a hole in the back you use for inclusion/exclusion. And if i remeber correctly the motion you hold down the tamper switch for 1 sec

The instructions for the exclude are the same as the include for the most part except that it says to put the hub in exclusion mode.

Like I said If I remember correctly, with so many different brands of sensors around the house it is impossible for me to remember how every one works. Like remembering which Zigbee are 3 5 second cycles and which are 5 3 second cycles, which have a hidden button you need to press and hold while applying power. We need an industry standard rule for resetting/ inclusion .

1 Like

I hear ya, i could be wrong too as i was speaking from memory as well :wink:

Finally got back to HD to take a picā€¦

Also. $59.00! They are goin downnnnn!

These are the old gen 1 lightstrips, but itā€™s still a good price :smile:

1 Like

Lol. Fine with me! Iā€™ve been getting all older gen stuff on clearance for 75% off and Iā€™ll gradually switch them all out when the next gen stuff goes on clearance!

No worries, I only bring it up because the Gen 1 lightstrip has an output of 120 lumens and is only rgb which is significantly dimmer than the newer gen 2 lightstrip +'s 1600 lumen output and is rgbw.

I think I would pay twice the price for that much more light output, but it obviously depends on your use case.

1 Like

I had a driver on Thursday morning so of course we went to Home Depot first.

The sad part of living in a high tech area is that home automation markdowns only last for about an hour before theyā€™re out of stock here. So no GoControl goodies for me. :disappointed_relieved:

Itā€™s probably just as well. I had made a resolution that I was only going to buy zwave plus stuff going forward, but you guys keep tempting me with sales.

I blame @bamarayne the most for starting this insidious practice, but @chris1981 is catching up fast in the enabler department. LOL! :tada:

2 Likes

Donā€™t feel bad @JDRoberts . The only HD HA clearance around here are Wink bulbs for $10-$12 each, Hue Blooms for $50. . Iā€™ll spend the $14 on new Hue if Iā€™m in the market for bulbs.

1 Like

Iā€™m an extreme couponer, so price is a HUGE driving force for me! Lol. I figure this stuff could gradually be replaced as price dictatesā€¦and I can sell the old stuff for less of a loss!

Come to the dark sideā€¦

Iā€™ve been trying to be a better person and not spread the diseaseā€¦ lol! NOT a chance! buy it buy it buy it now!

2 Likes