Home Depot smart home clearance

Problem is they like to flash for a while when they loose sync with the hub

Then I may reconsider if these are trash worthy or not ā€¦

I never had that happen. In a way I wish it did,since that wouldā€™ve alerted me that they had dropped again LOL

1 Like

How do you make them stop flashing in the first place without buying the hub?

I lightly tap them with a brick until the flashing stopsā€¦

6 Likes

Has anyone seen Bloom lights go down in price lately?

My three local HD stores have 1st gen Philips LightStrips at $59.99, LeakSmart Valve+Sensor at $73 and (had) LeakSmart Sensors at $18. Had, I bought them all. South part of the Palm Beach County, FL.

1 Like

Finally found the LeakSmart valve+sensor kit at the HD by work. $78 I think. If the device handler gets its bugs worked out with pairing then i might go back and pick up more sensors.

I bought the sensors and one valve. Installed the sensors throughout the house, but not the valve yet. Iā€™m using them with ST anyway, so now I have a leak sensor under every sink, every toilet, water heater, washing machine drain, etc. Iā€™ll look at the valve installation this weekend.

Are you using this DTH?

Yeah the one here

1 Like

The device handler works well. There are just a couple strange 1 time post setup steps you have to do. They are in the link that @ady624 had above. I am using it on 6 sensors. Hitting up 2 HD tonight to see if they have more and or the valve. Otherwise I am just going to get on of the ST compatible $50-$120 valves on Amazon. Also stopping at Micro Center to pick up my other scores.

If you have problems with the device handler, post them in the other thread. I will be keeping an eye on it. I also plan to work on trying to figure out why the device needs the post setup steps this weekend. I hope I can get to it. I canā€™t spend all the time I want on these because I usually do it at night after I am supposed to be sleeping. The sensors make a loud beep when pairing which will wake up my wife.

1 Like

Wow, you make the wife sleep in the basement . That must really help the WAF

Still no Bloom or lightstrip clearance for me, although I did find a Black and Decker Battery charger on clearance for $20 so it wasnā€™t a total waste.

Just came from the two in my area. Zip.

In my area, I think Iā€™ve missed all the big specials and the GoControl packages. I have found a TON of GE Link bulb sets with the included hub for $25 from their original price of $50. So many in stock that Iā€™m curious to see if theyā€™ll drop any more.

Also seen quite a few Hue lightstrips for $59.

If the price is $XX.03 or $XX.01 they will not drop lower. Off to the crusher.

1 Like

Thatā€™s what Iā€™d heard too. So if the price is $25.00 - does that mean itā€™s at the start of itā€™s lowering cycle?

Iā€™ve literally seen around 30+ boxes of these at several different stores. Itā€™s an okay deal for 2 GE Link bulbs (minus the included hub I donā€™t want) - but if the price dropped further, it would be worth picking up a few boxes for the bulbs alone.

Some of those have already hit penny stock in my area. Not sure why your store is so far behind.

same with a lot of my stores. They have been at 25$ and unchanged for a month or two now.