Home, AWAY and the other one, what do they actually do?

(Albert Kleyn) #1

Folks…Probably the dumbest question ever asked in this forum. As a brand-new smartthings user… I recall when I started setting up the few bits I have… two multipurpose sensors, 2 power sockets and motion sensor… I noticed that during the setup process I had to tick (or assign) a box… It said: HOME, AWAY and there was another one. ( cant remember) I just ticked the HOME box and everything worked. But… I am trying to figure out what the other categories do, ( or don’t do ). For instance… what happens if I had assigned the power sockets to the AWAY category ??
I feel truly DUMB asking this question, but recall the words once spoken to me: The Dumbest question of all is the one you did not ask. Albert

(jkp) #2

Home, Away and Night. They are modes. You can learn more about modes in the following support article…

(Albert Kleyn) #3

jkp… THANKS !!! will now look at this link. I kick myself for not having found this link myself… but am hitting 74 this year and a lot of brain cells ( if they ever were there) are on long vacation!!! .

(Albert Kleyn) #4

Excellent… will have a play JKP. Much appreciate this lightning fast reply !!! Smartthings for a dumb user !!!
Albert