SmartThings Community

Home Automation Dashboard (HAD)

dashboard
project_dashboard

(Michael) #921

I’m just cursed. I removed all thing heroku from my machine, started over with new heroku instance and even tried tweaking the CLI batch file to point to my locally installed 2.3.0. No joy. Still uses 2.2.4 to compile.

$ git push heroku
Counting objects: 767, done.
Delta compression using up to 4 threads.
Compressing objects: 100% (359/359), done.
Writing objects: 100% (767/767), 710.20 KiB | 0 bytes/s, done.
Total 767 (delta 383), reused 767 (delta 383)
remote: Compressing source files… done.
remote: Building source:
remote:
remote: -----> Ruby app detected
remote: -----> Compiling Ruby/Rack
remote: -----> Using Ruby version: ruby-2.2.4
remote: -----> Installing dependencies using bundler 1.11.2
remote: Running: bundle install --without development:test --path vendor/bundle --binstubs vendor/bundle/bin -j4 --deployment
remote: Fetching gem metadata from https://rubygems.org/
remote: Fetching version metadata from https://rubygems.org/
remote: Fetching dependency metadata from https://rubygems.org/
remote: Installing addressable 2.3.6
remote: Installing backports 3.6.1
remote: Installing bcrypt 3.1.10 with native extensions
remote: Installing coffee-script-source 1.8.0
remote: Installing execjs 2.0.2
remote: Installing daemons 1.1.9
remote: Installing rack 1.5.2
remote: Installing thread_safe 0.3.4
remote: Installing tilt 1.4.1
remote: Installing sass 3.2.19
remote: Installing hike 1.2.3
remote: Installing multi_json 1.10.1
remote: Installing eventmachine 1.0.9.1 with native extensions
remote: Installing thor 0.18.1
remote: Using json 1.8.1
remote: Installing fastercsv 1.5.5
remote: Installing json_pure 1.8.1
remote: Installing stringex 1.5.1
remote: Installing uuidtools 2.1.5
remote: Your Gemfile.lock is corrupt. The following gem is missing from the DEPENDENCIES
remote: section: 'bcrypt-ruby’
remote: Bundler Output: Fetching gem metadata from https://rubygems.org/
remote: Fetching version metadata from https://rubygems.org/
remote: Fetching dependency metadata from https://rubygems.org/
remote: Installing addressable 2.3.6
remote: Installing backports 3.6.1
remote: Installing bcrypt 3.1.10 with native extensions
remote: Installing coffee-script-source 1.8.0
remote: Installing execjs 2.0.2
remote: Installing daemons 1.1.9
remote: Installing rack 1.5.2
remote: Installing thread_safe 0.3.4
remote: Installing tilt 1.4.1
remote: Installing sass 3.2.19
remote: Installing hike 1.2.3
remote: Installing multi_json 1.10.1
remote: Installing eventmachine 1.0.9.1 with native extensions
remote: Installing thor 0.18.1
remote: Using json 1.8.1
remote: Installing fastercsv 1.5.5
remote: Installing json_pure 1.8.1
remote: Installing stringex 1.5.1
remote: Installing uuidtools 2.1.5
remote: Your Gemfile.lock is corrupt. The following gem is missing from the DEPENDENCIES
remote: section: 'bcrypt-ruby’
remote: !
remote: ! Failed to install gems via Bundler.
remote: !
remote:
remote: ! Push rejected, failed to compile Ruby app
remote:
remote: Verifying deploy…
remote:
remote: ! Push rejected to pure-fortress-55258.
remote:
To https://git.heroku.com/pure-fortress-55258.git
! [remote rejected] master -> master (pre-receive hook declined)
error: failed to push some refs to ‘https://git.heroku.com/pure-fortress-55258.git

I used this version:

and it complies fine and works

I hate ask such a simple question but I have searched google
and this site but I keep pulling my hair out. How to you “connect” if you will
the real life devices to a board in Hadashboard? From my understanding I would adjust the erb
code where is says “data-id” and match that to some value in thee smartthings
device list. For instances if I have a
door sensor that I have named “Sliding Door” then what would I put in the
dashboard “data-id” in the main.erb file?

My values for the Sliding Door device are

Name: Z-Wave Door/Window Sensor
Label: Sliding Door
Type: Z-Wave Door/Window Sensor
Version: Published
Zigbee Id: slidingdoorupstairs
Device Network Id: 03

Do I have to adjust the coffeescipt file? I am assuming I
have to match the id’s in the erb file to the some value in the smartthings
device’s list

I feel like I am missing something glaringly obvious. I super appreciate help with this.

Never mind - I feel stupid. I think I read the instructions like 10 times and I still missed it. Anyways - I got it working. :slight_smile:

(Michael) #925

Now I’m certain I’m cursed. Started from scratch again, planning to use bmmiller’s fork. Heroku-CLI now telling me that the clients:create command is not a heroku command.

(Theo Dutra) #926

Hi Mike, your wall mount is perfect. Do you mind to point out where did you get it?

I had the same error - Try to update Heroku CLI

Anyone figured out how to get that wall mount?

(OMAR BAUTISTA) #931

I made my own frame for my tablet using some moulding.

(Anuj79) #932

i am getting the same internal server error. I also have the same issue where the shard where graph.api.smartthings.com takes me its different then graph-na02-useast1.api.smartthings.com. i have rebuild the app few times and still getting the internal server error, even after modifying stapp.rbto the east coast server still getting the same error… have compared by keys and they match… any thoughts ?

I recently got this working and everything looks good except it doesn’t update without a refresh. I’m curious if perhaps the code is outdated and the smartthings API changed a bit since this was first published. Can someone confirm the updates are still being pushed to the dashboard without the need to refresh?

Thanks!

(Anuj79) #934

finally got it to work after starting from scratch for the upteen time… i deleted all the earlier apps but the client oauth was still in there… not sure if it was interfering … cleaned up all those. also finallyhad to change form graph.api to the graph-na02-useast1.api.smartthings.com… just a note i used brandon miller code,cloned that locally …
now to customize the dashboard… thanks a lot for making this.

(Brandon) #935

Last time I started this up, I did seem to notice a bit of this. The update code is all from @florianz and my fork touched none of it. If I have some time I can take a look at it but it isn’t currently on my radar.

(Chris Fichter) #936

@bmmiller please do. I’m sure not paying a monthly payment for something that looks like this. Nudge nudge, wink wink, you know what I mean? say no more.

(Brandon) #937

Monthly payment? What on earth are you talking about?

(Chris Fichter) #938

@bmmiller more than likely by the end of this month if you have Smarttiles and you want to keep it you will be paying for it. They haven’t announced if it will be monthly or flat out yet. But you will have to pay. I would pay a low one-time flat fee. But I sure am not going to pay a monthly fee. So I’m looking for an alternative.

(Brandon) #939

I suppose that’s the problem with providing a product for free and then trying to monetize. People don’t value the developers time so they think it should always be free, or next to free in your case of a low one-time flat fee.

(Chris Fichter) #940

@bmmiller I am more than willing to pay for a product at a fair price. But I definitely am not willing to pay $75 a month or more depending how many devices you have. And the developer says that beta testers are more than willing to pay that much. If you ask me that is pure insanity. Even if that’s true and people are that crazy, the market share is so small it would never last. But I guess if you only had about 20 people you be sitting pretty. I make pretty good money but I’m not willing to pay for an app that cost more than my cell phone bill. The most I’ve paid for an app with a one time fee is about 6 bucks and I have probably done that a dozen times. And I’m guessing I have paid hundreds in donations to developers over the years. I would even go as high as 20 for smart tiles. But I will never pay a monthly fee for an app. And $20 too much but I don’t have many other choices at this point. But if the price point goes the way that I believe it will within a short time there will be plenty to choose from.

(Brandon) #941

Can you link me to something that describes potential pricing? $75 is surely an exaggeration.

(Chris Fichter) #942

@bmmiller I wish I could but it’s on Facebook and I’ve requested to be friends of actiontiles but it’s been months and I have not been accepted. But my coworker has so I’ve been reading it on his phone. I will try and get some screenshots.