SmartThings Community

Home Automation Dashboard (HAD)

dashboard
project_dashboard

(Yuri Petusko) #861

+1 Would love to have the same frame for my N7

(Yuri Petusko) #862

Hello do you have model saved to do frame for n7?

(Dome) #863

So, migrating to V2 broke my Heroku app, so I took this as an opportunity to try @zpriddy’s python implementation on the RPi. I got everything installed, but when I load the page (serving it off of local host only for now), I just get a page full of bullet points. So far tried on the built in Raspbian web browser and Epiphany. I’ll try more browsers tonight when I have a chance but I’m thinking that’s not it… anyone have an idea?

(Zpriddy) #864

So I know what the problem is - it’s a problem with npm and grunt js - I will see if I have a fix for you after this weekend - I am or of town this weekend.

(Paul Melian) #865

So I could use a little help with the waking up the tablet piece. I installed the dashboard using the new method (smartiles.click) and I installed the Motion Detector, Tasker and Secure Settings apps on my tablet, but I just don’t understand how any of it works. I can turn on the motion detector, but I can’t get tasker to do anything at all and I don’t understand what I’m looking at with Secure Settings. Can anyone help?

(Matt) #866

smarttiles has nothing to do with Home Automation Dashboard, they are separate projects from different developers.

I realize your question is about tasker and secure settings. I can’t really answer those questions.

For me I just use an app called Motion Detector from Emparador it wakes my tablet when there is motion. I leave home automation dashboard running so when it wakes its open.

Edit: Sorry I should have been clearer that I’m looking for how to use zpriddy’s front end on android. I see the smartthings_py but not one that will work without python. Probably just missing it in the tons of posts :wink:

Anyone have instructions (or link to) on how to set this up on Android? I may be confused but it looks like it has requirements that are not Android based but I may be misunderstanding.

Thanks!

(Matt) #868

@zpriddy’s front end is hadashboard, which can run on any web browser. What is different is rather than using the heroku server to run the backend it can be ran pretty much on any pc/mac/linux machine.

Hello,

I’m trying to work through this step

“To access the hadashboard app, navigate to http://your-app-name.herokuapps.com. You will be asked to grant the hadashboard app access to your Heroku account. Make sure to Allow Access.
The hadashboard app needs access to your Heroku account in order to
verify your identity. You may be asked to log in to your Heroku account,
as well. Use the email address and password from step 1.”

When I go to http://my-app-name.herokuapp.com I get prompted to login and then I get the following:

“This webpage has a redirect loop - ERR_TOO_MANY_REDIRECTS”

Any ideas?

Thanks,

(Brandon) #870

I do not have a possible solution for you. Perhaps there was a temporary issue on either side?

(Brandon) #871

I recently migrated to v2 and the solution to this was generating a new DASHING_AUTH_TOKEN.

Just login following the original instructions and run the command:

Replacing YOUR TOKEN with something randomly generated at https://www.uuidgenerator.net/version4

You do NOT have to type in the entire config sequence in the original email, just the above line will suffice, assuming you had everything working prior to v2, and assuming of course that you name everything the same so the main.erb can find them.

(Dome) #872

I’m afraid to say I already tried that. I’ll post if/when I figure out a solution but I don’t have a lot of time as I’m doing a home remodel as well. Thanks for the reply though!

(Brandon) #873

Hmm, that’s curious. Did you perhaps try a few other things before trying this, potentially breaking it? If you just run:

You can confirm your config settings.

(KevinZ) #874

@florianz This looks super awesome and thanks for sharing the code. Brings a lot of ideas to my head for my own app dev.

One question I have is if you have found a way to “hide” the auth and the rest of oauth process in the background. I would really love to have an app where I provide it with the same login info for ST, and it does the whole authentication and authorization for me. Right now, we need to login first (if it’s not stored in cookie) and then check all/some devices and click authorize on ST’s website. Do you think there is a way to automate that?

(Dome) #875

I ended up starting over. I deleted the database from the Heroku app then basically started over. Fortunately, all of my changes were stored locally in the hadashboard directory so it was trivial to get it up and running once I had decided to nuke my original app.

I’m in the same boat as you.

Motion Paid for, tasker, Secure settings, Rooted tablet.

Motion send events on, tasker first portion set up as per http://programy.jastrzab.com/help.php?lng=en&app=org_jastrzab_move

But the second part of that (where it tells you to define an actual task) doesn’t make sense.

Specifically this. Theres too many options. I cant choose broadcast intent, AND service intent at the same time.

component full name
for Broadcast Intent
org.jastrzab.move.Control

for Service Intent
org.jastrzab.move.Engine

action name
org.jastrzab.move.ACTION_DETECTOR_ON

So I skip that and just use secure settings and tell it to wake screen. But nothing works.

Profile is active in Tasker, Motion detector is on, events are on. WTF.

Can someone that has it working please post your settings within Motion Sensor/Tasker.

edit, after hours of messing with it I finally have it sorta working. Motion is detected, but I get the lockscreen(swipe up to unlock)

I’ve tried various settings in secure settings (keyguard off) and tried several no lockscreen apps on the playstore.

This must be some kindof limitation to the Amazon fire tablet OS.

(Brandon) #878

Perhaps. In native Android you can simply disable the lockscreen entirely without any apps.

(Brandon) #879

@Benji found this and linked it in another thread. It’s iOS instead of Android, but it’d still work. Just won’t get the motion to turn things on.

http://www.iportproducts.com/surfacemount#sm-intro

The low voltage/POE source is nice because it skirts around having to run conduit to be up to code in a lot of areas for power.

(ocpd+adhd+alz+md+hfa+fms+lol=me :)) #880

For anyone wanting to get their Android-based wall-mounted dashboards/control panels (whether Home Automation Dashboard, or SmartTiles or other) to turn screen on upon nearby motion in the room, I got it working with a combination of external z-wave/zigbee motion detector, SharpTools (by @joshua_lyon), Tasker and Secure Settings (see here if interested in how I went about it).

Sorry if that’s already been posted here in this thread or if it’s not even what you’re trying to do here, but I just saw the mention of similar concepts in the last few posts, and I figured I’d share.

In my setup, it’s not perfect yet (I had to also create profiles in Tasker to turn it back off, because sometimes, it would just stay on after being triggered, and the timing is a bit slow sometimes for my liking), but at least it’s generally working, and even a partially working system is better than nothing for a lifelong Trekkie. lol