Home Automation Dashboard (HAD)

ok, pretty sure I know what’s wrong. Just working on figuring out how to fix it. Involves me not adding nest correctly

Thanks for your help. Running that log helped me fix my issue. I’m now back in sync and operational.

So I have my dashboard setup and most widgets seem to work however all my Stswitch widgets switch on and off right away, they don’t stay on.

See the post above - it’s a little hosed at the moment. I had issues for the last day or two, but re-authorizing on my phone seems to have fixed it.

I have tried reauthorizing the app and all tiles seem fine except the STswitch widgets

copy and paste one of your stswitch lines here from your erb

Here is the definition of one of my switches from my main.erb

<li data-row="1" data-col="1" data-sizex="1" data-sizey="1">
  <div data-id="xmastreelights" data-view="Stswitch" data-title="Christmas Tree" data-device="Christmas Tree" data-event-click="onClick" data-event-touchend="onClick"></div>
</li>

Well I’m baffled. I don’t see anything wrong with that.

Yeah, I can’t figure it out either. If i change the state of the switch from the ST app on my iPhone and then refresh the HADashboard the switch updates and shows either on or off. But if I click on the switch from the tile itself then it looks like it switches on and off right away or nothing happens. I also have some dimmers setup and they seem to be working as expected.

I have had issues with dashboard updating for several days now. It all works as expected but the buttons do not update until I refresh. The last time this happened it was something broken in ST and they eventually fixed it …

Yeah I tried reauthorizing all the devices through ST and that didn’t help, I even reinstalled everything and I still get the same issue. Not sure what to look at now…

I suspect something has changed on the SmartThings side, as they suggested at the end of last week. At least, the authorization issue appears to be fixed. Device state is also reflecting on the dashboard correctly for me. Albeit, not as (near) real-time as I’ve experienced before the dashboard issues started happening last week.

EDIT: It appears the dashboard is updating because I have “Pollster” installed and polling every minute. If not for this, it doesn’t appear that tiles would update without a refresh.

On the plus side, I have noticed over the last couple of days that the response to switching has improved considerably on the dashboard - hitting switches now have a near-instantaneous response, even groups of devices all come on practically together, a big improvement.

That’s a good observation. Upon further inspection, everything on my dashboard appears to update near instantaneously (switches, contacts, motion, etc.).

It appears the device state issue on the dashboard is isolated to dimmers (at least for me).

BTW @aimc, really love your Change Page contribution! I’m currently at 6 pages (which makes for a huge dashboard file). But, it’s been a treat being able to switch between views.

Common info, navigation, and devices are in the first 4 columns. The last 3 columns contain the devices for whichever view (page) is selected.

2 Likes

Glad you like it. I am at 6 pages too - some of them don’t even have devices in them yet! That’s a good idea to reproduce common elements on each page - I hadn’t thought of that!

1 Like

If you’re still interested in this, I can try and come up with something that makes sense, but I guess I was more talking “in theory” instead of in practice as I only display status for my garage door currently on the dashboard. Since it has status and open/close functionality built into the same device, it should be fairly trivial to change stswitch slightly to accommodate my application, i.e., change on/off to open/close and that’s about it. So the long-winded answer is yeah, you’d have to create your own widget and modify the app a tiny bit.

@aimc what thermostat stuff did you end up using? @ronnycarr 's implementation or something else?

I really need to get all caught up with everything.

Thanks for the response, I’ll build something myself when I get around to it :smile:

And the thermostat stuff wasn’t me, I haven’t got to that bit yet!

If you have the latest from the GitHub repository, remove the data-event-click and data-event-touchend properties from the main.erb file.

The events are now handled within the ClickableWidget base class, which uses jQuery events to unify the handling of interactions on desktops and mobile devices. The idea is that the widget itself should know whether it can handle interactions, rather than users having to enable that functionality in the dashboard file.

EDIT: … and I probably failed to update some documentation somewhere to reflect that change. Apologies!

EDIT 2: Also, widgets that support interaction have a lighter gray background compared to static widgets FYI :wink:

Hey @florianz, if you don’t mind sharing, what are the dimensions for your frame (face, backplate, and cutout)?

Also how is the charging cable positioned within the frame?

I’ve tried to make some assumptions based on the pictures. But, I thought better just to ask and confirm.

I currently use ronnie’s thermostat and it works fine except that if I hit the can button it makes my nest go to full on fan all the time.

Ideally, would it be possible to have the controls be based on the thermostat mode? Range would give you both the heat and cool. Cooling only cool. Heat only heat?