Home Automation Dashboard (HAD)

I would love to see ST build a “dashboard view” into their app so that we can have functionality like this for people that want to mount a tablet but aren’t coders.

12 Likes

@brianlees he provided very detailed instructions about how to make this all happen. I started it but have now been interrupted with a server crash (completely unrelated) I’d say give it a try with his instructions.

Yeah, it is pretty easy to setup. I’ve got it configured to a point that I want now and am looking through the source to see what exactly is involved in adding things like switch.power and switch.energy to the existing code. Other than that, I’d like to try and add current setpoint for a thermostat device type, as well as up and down buttons to increase/decrease said setpoint.

I maybe spoke too soon.

I ran into this problem

matts-iMac:hadashboard matt$ git push heroku
warning: push.default is unset; its implicit value is changing in
Git 2.0 from ‘matching’ to ‘simple’. To squelch this message
and maintain the current behavior after the default changes, use:

git config --global push.default matching

To squelch this message and adopt the new behavior now, use:

git config --global push.default simple

See ‘git help config’ and search for ‘push.default’ for further information.
(the ‘simple’ mode was introduced in Git 1.7.11. Use the similar mode
‘current’ instead of ‘simple’ if you sometimes use older versions of Git)

Initializing repository, done.
No refs in common and none specified; doing nothing.
Perhaps you should specify a branch such as ‘master’.
^CKilled by signal 2.

When I tried to initially push, I was having some issues but I assumed it was because I already had TortoiseGit installed with its own defaults.

Your error however appears like the local repo isn’t aware of heroku remote. If I ask you to verify this, do you know what I’m talking about? Looks like you’re on a Mac, and I’m not a Mac guy so can’t really direct you were to go easily.

@bmmiller nope but when I get some free time I’ll check it. I’m doing some DB verification after a server failure restore.

Running the heroku create command inside the hadashboard directory should have added the heroku remote. The output from heroku create should have this line:

Git remote heroku added

matts-iMac:hadashboard matt$ heroku create
Creating calm-eyrie-8318… done, stack is cedar
http://calm-eyrie-8318.herokuapp.com/ | git@heroku.com:calm-eyrie-8318.git
Git remote heroku added

Can you try running git config --global push.default simple to set the default behavior? Not sure if that’s related.

I swear I tried that before I posted, this time it worked.

Thanks

Cool. No worries. Glad you were able to resolve your issue.

Now to start digging into configuring it for my Things.

Got a power widget working…

Yeah, I had the same idea about event streaming, except I wanted to use Pusbullet Web Socket to communicate from ST to client.

I wish ST supported Web Sockets, we could create self contained dashboards without relaying on 3rd party services. I really don’t want to run any servers myself…

This is really pretty cool…

Not sure what I’m missing but I got everything installed, got the dashboard to show, removed all existing widgets, added 3widgets office light and office fan and reload, got it authorized to ST. When I click a widget I can see an action in the ST IDE Log but nothing is happening.

EDIT
This appears to be related to virtual switches. I have virtual switches that control a dual relay devices (because smartthings does support them directly).

Devices that aren’t virtual switches seem to work.

EDIT AGAIN
@florianz
Ok so it appears to only be a problem with 1 of my mulit relay devices so far. I will update again when I figure out what.

LAST EDIT
@florianz
It was a capital I in Office causing the issue. Sorry for the false alarm. I should have waiting to work on this until I was free of other tasks.

Really awesome - thank you for sharing!

Nice! You could make it similar to the Meter widget.

Check out the Meter widget labeled Synergy on the Dashing demo dashboard. That way you could track the previous maximum and scale the meter based on the current consumption relative to the previous maximum!

Interesting. I don’t have any of those. You could file a bug report on the GitHub issue tracker.

Anyone have any thoughts? Here is the code that handles switch commands in the SmartApp. Make sure that the data-device property matches the displayLabel of the switch exactly. Also, the switch has to be able to respond to the on and off commands, but I don’t see why virtual switches wouldn’t.

Yep, that’s the plan. Wanted to get the process down first but the semi-circle, scaled is the goal for power.

Wondering how to represent energy which is just an increasing value, other than just the raw #.