Help With MyQ DeviceType No Longer Working

Or the Australian Government doesn’t like their server spammed as well anymore… :wink: This should have been removed, I guess. I am sure this is not the issue but well… this is not right as well.

def sleepForDuration(duration, callback = {})
{
	// I'm sorry!

def dTotalSleep = 0
	def dStart = new Date().getTime()

while (dTotalSleep <= duration)
    {            
		try { httpGet("http://australia.gov.au/404") { } } catch (e) { }

dTotalSleep = (new Date().getTime() - dStart)
    }

//log.debug "Slept ${dTotalSleep}ms"

callback(dTotalSleep)
}

That hasn’t been in my deviceType for over a year. I stripped out all of the timing stuff and the incessant pings because it was janky, and no longer necessary given the operation of the door being monitored by the multi.

Your suspicions, if true, would really be a shame. @Ben What happened to the official MyQ integration that was supposedly coming soon (back around last Spring/Summer)? I have asked about this several times since then; why the silence? Please update us so we can decide to wait or move on to another solution.

I don’t know about others, but managing my garage door (in association with presence sensors) is one of the single most important reasons why I continue to use SmartThings

We do believe this is the case and are working with MyQ to resolve a short term fix prior to a full integration. There are few technical reasons the official integration has stalled. It is mostly about the partnership and business aspects at this point. And while I realize when pointing a finger at someone, three are pointed back at us, but in this case I’ll still do it.

The officially supported Linear device works great.

3 Likes

This kind of information is invaluable, thank you @Ben.

Thanks! What can we do to be sure we will be informed when this fix is in place.

Finger pointing is fine, I get it. They have set up some hurdles on your track. So you’re saying SmartThings can’t compete with “Wink” when it comes to establishing business relationships? That doesn’t exactly bode well for the future. Why can Wink get it done and not SmartThings? Really would like to know what the hangup for SmartThings is. This has been going on for an awfully long time, and your response still has me feeling that this may never be permanently fixed. Please give us a bit more to the contrary.

That, and $5 will get me a latte at Starbucks. (c;

Chamberlain has a few requirements that we are uncomfortable with. I am not going to get into them but Wink violated one of them and was sued. We are being cautious.

1 Like

Fair enough. I’ve modded things here to just get notifications, and will use the Liftmaster app to open and close, pending some announcement from you guys.

Mine is working and has for the past year.

When/where was this suit filed. I did a little research and only turned up a patent infringement suit against Linear. 0c:

I have the exact same problem! And am unable to delete MyQ Garage Door via the graph.api.smartthings.com interface. Uhg! Now What?

Did you try getting rid of it thru the IDE? Honestly I haven’t. Will try tomorrow. As such I hardly ever used it. Always used the home link in the car or the wireless keypad outside the garage. It was nice to get the notifications though. Set up Chamberlain MyQ app to send me alerts/emails.

FWIW, I abandoned my own MyQ effort and now use copyninja’s implementation.

His latest does now work properly with an accelleration monitor, which is probably the easiest way to handle getting the notifications from MyQ central efficiently: it polls MyQ status when the door starts moving, and again when it stops, so that the tile updates in (near) real time.

2 Likes

So, @copyninja it is!!!

1 Like

FWIW, this still may be unreliable for some folks (big surprise!)

As this is important to me, I have abandoned the SmartThings integration and simply put an open/close sensor on the door for notifications. If I do need to open and close it I use the Liftmaster app (it works reliably).

Currently I am using the regular home links, wireless keypad and chamberlain app for the alerts! :wink:

I’m having this same issue and cannot delete or edit or do anything with my garage doors! It looks the same!

To remove the old MyQ I used the developers’ console.

1. I went to the device handler for the MyQ (Adam Heinmiller code).
  2. I deleted everything in the code but the comments. Saved it.
  3. I then went and deleted the device. (My Devices)
  4. Finally I went back to the device handler and deleted it (My Device Handlers)

Worked for me - hopefully it works for you if you are having problems getting rid of it.

-Doug

Hi all,

If you are using @copyninja’s MyQ device please update to the latest version of the Service Manager and device. It should work better with some of the changes he has made!

FYI… I have deleted my MyQ device type as I have come to learn that unlicensed 3rd party applications are in violation of MyQ’s terms of service.