Help with light automation

Hi all. cannot seem to get it to work and could not find the answer needed here (close configs but not like what I have)…

Here is what I am looking to do:
IF its dusk, NO/NC sensor opens, It turns on ST switch to “Driveway Light”, Keep on for 15 minutes or so, and then turn “driveway light” off again, ready for the same routine if someone else triggers at dark.

Here is what I have:
Smartthings App, Smart switch to the Driveway Light, A smart open/close sensor attached to my driveway alarm. Also use have access to Alexa

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much, I learn a lot from reading here

Try using smart lighting smartapp to create your automation.

To install that smartapp, on the dashboard, click the + (plus) in the upper right of the screen, then select smartapp and look for smart lights. After you install it, go to menu > SmartApps > smart lights to create or edit your rules.

:slight_smile:

When i Click on the + i cant find the smart lights app. Can i add it manually in https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com/ ?

Unfortunately it can not be added through IDE. You are experiencing a region locked issue where tHe smartapp is not available in all countries. Sorry about that. :frowning:

I have a UK hub (Norway). Is there any other way to make light automations local?

Why don’t you just use 2 automation?
The first, use the sensor to turn on the light
The second, say if drive light on trigger drive light off but insert a 15min delay which is one of the options.
If included some screenshots as demo. Im using 60min before sunset as an example, you can set to anything you want.