Help i can not find the utility tab in the new ST app!

V1 hub users are not able to get the utilities in the new app. You will need to use them in IDE.

As a side note, you may want to consider getting a newer hub.

2 Likes

As everything is working with the old hub, I hadnā€™t considered replacing it. What new and improved features are there in the new version? Would I have to start from scratch with all my automations and devices when switching over?

Unfortunately you would need to start over. There is a migrations tool but it only works for v2 and v3 hubs. Only reason I mentioned considering a new hub is I wonder at what point ST will stop complete support for the v1 and adt-st hubs. There was a mention this past summer where ending legacy hubs was coming but no timeline was set. One user reported the adt-st hub support was ending 1/1/2021 - whether that is definite, no one really knows.

Only problem at the moment is finding the v2 and v3 hubs in stock anywhere.

If you are happy with the v1, keep using it :slight_smile:

I have a different perspective than @jkp

Id be replacing it asap.

The v1 hub no longer gets any updates. That includes enabling things like you noticed like access to the utilities, certain updates to support zigbee and ZWave features, S2 security, the ability to change zigbee channel, and any of the DTHs that ST wants yo allow local processing on

Now that theyre dumping the old codebase i suspect youre going to see rapid progress on hub firmware from a feature perspective.

All that aside heres why i wont run a v.1

Security updates.

I will NEVER run equipment in my network that no longer takes security updates from the manufacturer. Hard stop.

2 Likes

Actually our perspectives are the same on getting rid of that hub. I just donā€™t like telling folks to do that outright. Thatā€™s why I always say to consider that option and the end is possibly near. :grin:

Alison, with the low stock for v2 and v3 hubs, it may be a hard task finding one.

2 Likes

Ive worked It operations and security support for 20 years. The v1 would be in the bin the moment I had a line on Aeotec WASH hubs in stock.

I also am in a business where my clients pay me to be opinionated :sunglasses:. It bleeds over.

2 Likes

Just saw a post on the ST FB user group the less strict one. That the ADT hub just got a firmware update. :open_mouth:

hey Bernie, Iā€™ve not seen anything about a firmware update going to the ADT device. Thatā€™s news to meā€¦ Just the 34.x firmware that primarily brings the v.2 up to the capabilities of the v.3 from a Zigbee perspectiveā€¦ @jkp?

1 Like