[HELP! :D] - How Can I Manage This Tricky Circadian Daylight Automation?

Hello!

I was wondering if someone here can help me with a solution to the following use case automation puzzle. How can I set up the following scenario:

1. Between 6:00 am and 5:00 pm, Circadian Daylight Coordinator is not engaged and the Hue lights are set to remain at 100% brightness with the “Energize” hue setting.

2. At 5:00 pm, Circadian Daylight Coordinator comes online and works as expected until 6:00 am the following morning.

So far, I have puzzled out how to automate suspension of the Circadian Daylight Coordinator by creating a virtual switch which, when turned on, suspends the Circadian Daylight Coordinator app and, when turned off, enables it. However, the dilemma of not being able to reset all lights to the “Energize” without deal-breaking side effects still exists.

I could automate the setting of the “Energize” scene for all lights every morning but, in doing so, all of the lights in my house would have to turn on around 6:00 am which will be extremely annoying for my wife and child who are still asleep at that time.

Is there a way t create this kind of automation without having to turn all the lights in my home on at 6:00 am daily? If so, how should I go about setting it up?

Thank you all in advance for your help, advice, and time! :slight_smile:

Couldn’t you just create a virtual switch that turns on every day at 6 and then off every day at 5 to override the circadian function? Then, you could use WebCore to engage Energize after the lights turn on between 6 and 5. The lights will initially turn on with their old circadian settings but then immediately jump to the new energize settings. Unfortunately, there’s no way to set brightness and RGB values when the bulb or switch is off. THis would be great but it doesn’t exist yet in the devices I’ve seen (and I’ve been looking).

Thank for the idea, Ryan. My current semi-automated workaround is that my wall switches set the temperature of the bulbs tom 6410, as desired by my wife and the Circadian Daylight automates, as you suggested, via a switch. Haven’t tried Webcore yet, but it sounds like a decent workaround d for now.

You left out the detail of how the lights are being turned on (after 6am). Is this automated?