Help, app not updating when physically using ge/jasco switches

My Ge/jasco z wave plus (14291) switches have problems updating the status when physically turned on or off, I have rebooted the hub, have repaired z wave, have installed, uninstalled…have removed power and reset them. It works for a few hours and then stops updating…and it only happens with my z wave plus switches, my older z wave devices update instantly. One day the office switch has issues, another the bathroom switch…etc. have tried switching device handlers , currently using ( which helps ,but it takes minutes for the status to update.

Any help would be appreciated.

I also read that there are “instant status” switches available that are only a few dollars more expensive than ge/jasco, did I make a huge mistake buying 30 ge/jasco switches???

I find myself not trusting the system, I have a tablet on the wall with actiontiles, but find myself still walking the whole house to make sure everything is off, then was all this money I spent for nothing… sorry for the rant…lol

If they are not “instant reporting” switches, then you can’t expect an instant report of physical interaction. That ability is Patent protected by Lutron.

If these definitely appeared to report instantly in the past, then the DTH may have been polling or the DTH was running locally and thus just a bit quicker or …?

Start by observing Live Logging when you trigger a switch. Also trigger other non-wall switch devices, particularly Z-Wave stuff if you can (eg., outlets).

1 Like

The “instant status” patents only apply to dimmers, not on/off switches. So that’s not the issue here.

Several people recently have reported delayed status updates from both the newest GE switches and the newest Leviton switches. I’m not sure what’s going on. There are several different possibilities, but I haven’t been feeling well and I haven’t done any research on it yet. Hopefully some other people will have some ideas and suggestions.

I would definitely report it to support, just in case there are things that they can see from their side.


As someone who has about 10 of the Z wave GE dimmers and another 3 of the z-wave plus dimmers I can tell you that I do not have a problem, the status updates anywhere between 2 and 5 seconds or so. I will say that I am using the default generic “dimmer switch” device type since that runs local and for me seems to respond better then custom DTH’s.


I occasionally have that problem with my Leviton dimmers on Z-Wave and I use replace and try re-pairing by holding up about 10 seconds until the amber light flashes and then hit up once. I did it on about 3 switches this weekend that have been bugging me for a few weeks.

Not sure if this is related but since my app updated to 2.9.0 on my android, lots of devices are not updating.
I have to come out of the device or room to make it update.
Something has changed since 2.9.0.