Hello, Pebble Time

Hey Darin and @MsFizz, so had a thought. What does your phrase list look like? By that I mean how long are the phrases and how many are you trying to add? Does the app load fine if only one phrase is selected?

I tried it with just one phrase selected - still just seeing the 3 icons :frowning:
Also tried uninstalling and re-installing. Maybe it will work when I get my new Pepple :slight_smile:

Bummer! My phrases are only two words each so I thought maybe that could be the problem, but I guess not. Still testing, I tried the app out on my old Pebble Steel and of course it worked fine.

Ordered the Time eh? I’m really liking it, super comfortable on the wrist.

Mine are just the normal, Hello! Good Night! Goodbye! and lastly Good Morning, which I added myself.

Hello again @MsFizz & @gytrdun! I’ve made a few changes to the config page code. Would you mind trying again and see if you still have the same problem? If you find that it still doesn’t show phrases on the watch, could you let me know at what time you tried?

I’m good now, I can see the hello home phrases. If I try to add a switch, I get an error on save, but that’s not a huge deal for me at this point. Thanks!

When you try to add the switch, are you using the smartapp that shows up in SmartThings or through the pebble config page? I think if you use the smartapp you need something checked in each section. That shouldn’t be the case if you go through the config

Mine still doesn’t work and I’m using my new Pebble TIme. Must be something else :frowning:

Does it make it all the way through auth and adding phrases in config, but then they don’t show on the watch?

Yes exactly. 3 icons display, middle button just causes vibrate.

@ronnycarr Ok huge favor to ask. Would you be open to a Google Hangout? It’s killing me that I can’t change modes with my wrist. Would love to get this sorted out. Or if you’re in SF I’ll buy you coffee/dinner whatever.

When authorizing, even in the Pebble app, I had to add at least one device from each of the sections. Then, when I click authorize, it saved successfully. I’m not sure if that helps or not.

Hey Lizz, sorry I’ve taken so long to respond. @gytrdun comment made me think of something about the way the smartapp is set up. I’ve made some changes to account for when a particular device type isn’t selected. Mind trying out the app on your watch again? If it doesn’t fix the problem, we can plan a chat (unfortunately I’m not in SF, but LA).

It’s one step closer!

I didn’t even have to do anything and the Modes are showing up.

I assume you’re supposed to press the middle button on the watch to enter a particular mode. So far it just vibrates and doesn’t actually change the mode.

Sorry to bring this back up, but cant seem to find app. Is development dead on this?