Homebridge is an OSS Node.js server that emulates the iOS HomeKit API. I’ve just submitted a pull request to that project that adds support for creating HomeKit accessories for each of your Hello, Home actions, and by extension, enabled a means to trigger them via Siri.
Setup is a little complicated. You need:
- A membership in the iOS Developer Program
- The SmartApp at https://github.com/jnewland/homebridge/blob/smartthings/accessories/HelloHomeBridge.groovy installed on your SmartThings account with OAuth enabled
- The version of HomeBridge from the above linked PR running on a server on your local network
- BetterHomeKit installed on your iOS device
Given those ingredients:
- Install the HelloHomeBridge SmartApp into the SmartThings app on your iOS device.
- Open the HelloHomeBridge SmartApp
- Copy the generated config into
config.jsonin your copy of homebridge
- Start homebridge with
npm run start
- Open BetterHomeKit and tap
+to add HomeKit accessories. You’ll then see your Hello, Home actions.
- Pair your Hello, Home accessories as indicated in the the homebridge readme.
- Ask Siri to activate one of your Hello Home actions:
Siri, turn on bedtime