SmartThings Community

Hello, Home HomeKit (and Siri!) control via homebridge

smartapp_voice
requires_server

(sidjohn1) #723

@tonesto7 i recently converted from jnewland’s version to yours, all in all it works well, but when i have “Send homekit Commands Locally” turned on it my devices don’t seam to update well and some devices get stuck on “updating” when i turn it off, things work as expected. i’m running latest code on everything (home bridge, home bridge plugin, and smart app) on OSX 10.13.6 w/ node 9.11.2. can you point me in the right direction to troubleshoot why the local commands aren’t working?

(Anthony S.) #724

I’m entirely certain that it’s the local commands. I’ve noticed updating issue since ios 12.0.
Basically if you leave the home app and return it will show the correct state.
I will still check to see if I can find any issues though.

(Joe Dugandzic) #725

I tried to install the smartthings-tonesto7 plugin for homebridge tonight and ran into node.js issues on my Mac.

Decided to go ahead and update to the latest node.js and re-load homebridge and my other homebridge plugins. All works fine after the updates, but am now getting a different error when I have the smartthings platform included in my config.json (already validated it as valid json)

Any help would be appreciated, thanks! :slight_smile:

[12/14/2018, 1:15:56 AM] There was a problem reading your config.json file.
[12/14/2018, 1:15:56 AM] Please try pasting your config.json file here to validate it: http://jsonlint.com
[12/14/2018, 1:15:56 AM]
/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/server.js:214
throw err;
^

SyntaxError: Unexpected token in JSON at position 913
at JSON.parse ()
at Server._loadConfig (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/server.js:208:19)
at new Server (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/server.js:56:38)
at module.exports (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/cli.js:30:16)
at Object. (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge/bin/homebridge:17:22)
at Module._compile (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:723:30)
at Object.Module._extensions…js (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:734:10)
at Module.load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:620:32)
at tryModuleLoad (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:560:12)
at Function.Module._load (internal/modules/cjs/loader.js:552:3)