[OBSOLETE] Hello, Home HomeKit (and Siri!) control via homebridge

I started working with Homebridge many months ago and in the process of breaking it and reinstalling it, I finally got it to work. The problem is, I now have three JSON API smartapps installed. I plann to wipeout everything and configure it from scratch, due to upgrading servers at home.

With that said, how do I go about removing all of the JSON API that show up under installed smartapps? If I try through the IDE it gives me an error stating that the smartapp is currently installed by one or more users. I don’t see a specific way on how to uninstall the JSON API from within the app.

Any help is appreciated!

In the IDE go to “My Locations” -> List SmartApps -> Edit (on the top right)

This will allow you to uninstall all the instances of the smartapp.

After you deleted those you can delete the JSON API app from “My SmartApps” if needed.

1 Like

Thank you, my friend. It worked perfectly!

Is there any magic to getting the JSON app to appear under “My Apps”? I don’t have a My App category and have published the app “to self”. The IDE won’t allow me to assign it to a location or use the simulator (says I don’t have locations but of course I do). Fighting the IDE seems to be the hard part for me, dealing with packages and dependencies, thank you @brianjlambert is a breeze.

Select SmartApps on the top. You are probably looking at Things in the Marketplace

See this great guide from the community wiki. http://thingsthataresmart.wiki/index.php?title=Using_Custom_Code#Using_A_Custom_SmartApp

Many thanks @brianjlambert @ady624, I have seen this guide (awesome) and for sure I am looking in the right place in the iOS app. I thought maybe there was a trick, the IDE is really problematic for me, says I don’t have locations when I do, logs me out frequently, sometimes randomly, etc. Sorry, I didn’t mean to go off topic. Appreciate the fast reply. I’ll get it sorted and report back for experience under iOS 10 b3.

1 Like

I have been working with Hombridge for the last few weeks. Trying to reading as much information as I can. I have everything running great on a Pi3 I was able to get auto start working and all my devices loaded. I have 1 problem that I cant seem to figure out. It seems when smartthings activates a switch off my rules the status dosnt update in home-kit. It might say the garage door is open when its not. alarm is set when its not. Seems the only way to sync up is to reload homebridge on my Pi. Am I missing something?

I have noticed the same issue in the iOS apps since I installed it over a year ago. Intermittently e.g. a switch shows on when it is actually off. This did never impact functionality though e.g. When I told Siri to turn on the switch it would still turn on even though it erroneously shows on in the app…

Almost there. Upon startup I’m getting an AccessDenied error.

[7/30/2016, 9:18:58 PM] [SmartThings] Initializing SmartThings platform...
[7/30/2016, 9:18:58 PM] [SmartThings] Fetching Smart Things devices.
[7/30/2016, 9:18:59 PM] [SmartThings] Error received type AccessDenied - This request is not authorized by the specified access token
[7/30/2016, 9:18:59 PM] [SmartThings] Unknown Capabilities: []

Any idea? app_url, app_id, access_token are all copied from the app. Many Thanks!

I encountered the exact same error as Todd_Breslow on my fresh install last night. It would be great to find out what I’m missing to get this working. I followed the directions to a “T” and everything else worked without issue.

Got it sorted. Turned out there were two instances of the JSON app on my phone, and one listed in the IDE. I used the config values from the “other” JSON app and all was well.

In terms of my problems “fighting” the IDE, it turns out that you have to use a specific hostname to access the IDE (??) and can’t just fall back on developer.smartthings.com. This was really driving me crazy.

Works great!

Hmmm… I only have one instance of JSON running, which I’ve deleted and re-added many times.

Here is my json.config:

{
	"bridge": {
		"name": "Homebridge",
		"username": "CC:22:3D:E3:CE:30",
		"port": 51826,
		"pin": "987-65-432"
	},

"platforms": [
	{
   "platform": "homebridge-smartthings.SmartThings",
	"name": "SmartThings",
    "app_url": "https://graph.api.smartthings.com:443/api/smartapps/installations/",
    "app_id": "fce722e5-8419-427f-8e41-XXXXXXXXXX",
    "access_token": "8d756274-b3dc-4e1b-9819-XXXXXXXXXXX",
    "polling_seconds": 60,
    "update_seconds": 1
}
	]
}

And here is my config read out from the SmartThings app:

{
    "description": "JSON API",
    "platforms": [
        {
            "platform": "SmartThings",
            "name": "SmartThings",
            "app_url": "https://graph-na02-useast1.api.smartthings.com:443/api/smartapps/installations/",
            "app_id": "fce722e5-8419-427f-8e41-XXXXXXXXXXXX",
            "access_token": "8d756274-b3dc-4e1b-9819-XXXXXXXXXXXX"
        }
    ]

}

Any ideas why this isn’t working? the App_id and access_token match in both files.

Your app_url differs. Have you tried using the graph-na02-useast1 one?

1 Like

There are two different versions of Homebridge (see my post 327 above). Are you sure your JASON.config and Smartthings app belong to the same version?

Brian, thanks! that was an easy fix! looks like the tutorial I followed is using an outdated url! Cheers man!

Pizzinini, thanks for the heads up, I am using the newer version, installed on a Mac. I will probably switch to a pi down the road though.

Hi guys so I took on this project today. I started it on my windows htpc and it failed miserably. So went upstairs to my almost always on mac and tried here. I was much more successful until the end. I got homebridge added to “home” but no devices were there, I realized after reading back through the last couple months of these posts that I probably used old code and so in my config file I didnt get the right devices as I was on the wrong ide code. So I got all rushed like and deleted the “accessory” homebridge form the home app. Then reinstalled correctly in smartthings and in ide and then in terminal it shows all my devices loaded, YAY. So go to re-add to home and it cant find accessory homebridge anymore. Tried in Eve and in Devices and all no goes. Any help would be great!

nevermind I figured it out… I had to delete the files inside persist folder

1 Like

The new ‘Home’ app in iOS 10 works very nicely with this.

It carried over my config from Intsteon+ (since it’s really just a HomeKit database). I might actually set up rooms and such now instead of just leaving everything in the default room. Once my Apple Watch comes (release day!) I’ll be able to be even lazier with turning on the lights without even having to take my phone out of my pocket or yelling across the house to Alexa… :slight_smile:

1 Like

Create a scene called “open gates”