[OBSOLETE] Hello, Home HomeKit (and Siri!) control via homebridge

Hello guys, I’ve suscefully installed Homebridge on my Windows 10 PC. Then installed the Homebridege Smartthings App on my iOS phone and when I click to View the Configuration Data for Homebridge I get a java.lang.IllegalArgumentException with message unexpected error occurred.
As I don’t have the right app id and secret I’m unable to get It running. On the live console I get this error: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: argument type mismatch @line 380 (renderConfig).

Anyone know how to fix this? Regards

Anthony,
I am using your version 1.4.1 and getting the same error as the other guy which is {“error”:true,“type”:“java.lang.IllegalArgumentException”,“message”:“An unexpected error occurred.”} Do you have any idea why are we getting this error when we try to get the config data?

Did you find any solution to your problem?

Actually, somebody already found the issue on the github. There are 2 extra square brackets on row 372 and 377 that needs to be removed. Once I remove it, I can see the config detail.

That’s nice knozturk, gonna try it! Do you know the difference beetwen Tonesto version and pdlove version? Also, a Smartthings camera will work on any of them? Regards

Tonesto’s version is more up-to-date with the changes that you can see over here! He took over PDLove’s version and modified it to make more usable. I am not sure about camera thing since I have not tested it yet.

Hello, not yet for this plugin. But I installed the old one by pdlove and worked perfectly:
https://www.npmjs.com/package/homebridge-smartthings

Regards,

Daniel Falci

I continue to actively develop the plugin. Im currently working on a complete rewrite of the plugin code to make it more resilient and easier to manage

4 Likes

I know that you will since I saw your work on Nest! One thing, I have noticed is that I can trigger the routine once but I cannot trigger it again through Siri. It might be related what you mentioned above but I am not sure. I can click inside home app again but not through Siri. Let me know if I can help somehow.

That’s nice tonesto7! I’m gonna try the fix that knozturk has talked! Let me ask you something: it’s possible to see a camera installed on Smartthings (Like the Arlo Q) on the Homekit app? Thanks and regards!

1 Like

Tonesto pushed another update today but does anybody know how we should update everything? I have never done update on homebridge.

1 Like

I’m using version 1.5.2, I’m also getting this same error when trying to view the configuration data.

{“error”:true,“type”:“java.lang.IllegalArgumentException”,“message”:“An unexpected error occurred.”}

I don’t see extra square brackets in the referenced lines or in the jsonMap section mentioned on the github thread. Anyone know how to fix this?

Please remove the square brackets in row 401 and 406 since code has moved because of updates tonesto made:

1 Like

Sorry about that bug… I’ve pushed out a fix…

2 Likes

The shm function doesnt work anymore for me.
Ive looked at the homebridge server and the command comes tru but in smartthings nothing happens.

Sorry I forgot to share that the latest code updates require you to reactivate the SHM in the SmartApp and it will create a new device under HomeKit.

I had to do this so users with multiple locations could use multiple instances of SHM.

2 Likes

Just got homebridge and this plugin installed and it works great. Thanks for providing this to the community.

I now have Homekit access to my lights and the native devices including my crazy iComfort S30 thermostat.

Now what I would really like to do is to access the thermostat from ST using this setup as a reverse pathway. Has anyone done that?

1 Like

I no longer need to do this because I finally figured out how to replace my Lennox thermostat with my original Ecobee. But I still love having Homebridge set up and working. I now have easy access to my home from my phone and car via CarPlay. The Alexa link in my car works too but it isn’t as reliable as the Siri method.

Just got homebridge installed. Works great on the iPhone and iWatch. Thanks so much for contributing the plugin.

I just installed this and everything seems fine, however, when I add the homebridge accessory it says “additional setup required, add related accessories with homebridge-CAD8 in the manufacturer’s app” I go to the smart app, select my devices, restart the service (even reboot my RPi) and still no devices. I’m mainly just trying to run GE light and fan switches.

Edit: it was an issue having moved files to create a systemd service.