SmartThings Community

Hello, Home HomeKit (and Siri!) control via homebridge

smartapp_voice
requires_server
(Bill Tanner) #455

The ATV3/4 gives you remote access while the ATV4 can run automations. Automations are local if the device running them is local. I was using a iPad in the house but it was unreliability so I switched to an ATV4 and, so far, it seems more reliable.

That said, it doesn’t sound like that’s your issue. Try getting your wife’s access sorted out first. Is she using her own iCloud account? Try revoking her access and doing another invite/accept cycle.

Home occasionally wigs out on me but it always clears up with a force-close of the app.

Worst case, you should delete everything (arrow icon in the upper right) and rebuild HK from scratch.

(Joe) #456

I had docker training a while ago and never used it. Would you be able to help a newb out?

How do I actually get the docker-compose.yml updated inside of the my-docker-directory folder? I can’t seem to get the container into interactive mode to update it. I am running container station on my QNAP NAS.

(Jg506) #457

@Keo I ignored this step because QNAP container station auto-generate the yaml file based on the settings that you set when you create the new container.
If I remember correctly, I copied two settings from yaml file. When you create the container go to advanced settings and select ‘host’ under network mode. Also under shared folder map ‘./config:/root/.homebridge’ to whatever folder you want on your host machine (QNAP). This folder is also where you place the config.json file (ignore the path mentioned in docker hub). The config.json is where you write you API keys and URL as copied from the json smartapp on your phone (the ones from the web API IDE won’t work). I had permission problems writing to this folder from Windows so I ssh into qnap and used vi. ymmv.

On different note - after the container runs for 2-3 days I get the following errors in console:
error at req: connect ETIMEDOUT 52.1.206.127:443
Restart solves it, but the bridge must be removed and re-added on iOS, Anyone experiencing similar issues?

(Eric Brown) #458

Your tutorial video was a great help and convinced me to finally setup Homebridge on an old Mac that I wasn’t using. It is up and running and works great for scenes that turn multiple lights on/off, and/or dims lights, but I also would like to be able to initiate Automation Routines that are already programmed in SmartThings.

I tried creating virtual switches that could be shared with Homebridge to trigger SmartThings routines, but there isn’t a standard virtual intermittent trigger switch which would trigger the routine and then turn off.

I also found a homebridge SmartThings Routine app, but I can’t seem to get that working with my setup. Has anyone else implemented this recently? Was thinking that maybe recent changes to other apps may have interfered with its functionality.

(Gil) #459

Hi all,
I’m using homebridge with homebridge-smartthings plugin to connect my Smartthings devices to Siri.
But recently I’m adding more devices that are not on my Smartthings HUB,
like some applescripts to run on my Mac, and basic iTunes control using homebridge-applescript-file and homebridge-applescript-file-lightbulb.

They run perfectly from Siri, but now I want to add them to smartthings as well, so I can do some automation using CoRE.
Do any of you know of a way to add homebridge devices to -> smartthings
(*not the other way around)

Thanks
Gil :slight_smile:

(Pizzinini) #460

Please see my post 451 above as an example: You can add them as a virtual switch in SmartThings and interact with them via Automations in the Apple Home app. (e.g. if virtual switch turned on, turn on device. or if device turned on, turn on virtual switch).

If you are using a virtual dimmer switch you can perform different actions based on to 100 different dim-level % (e.g. if device A is on set dimmer to 30%, if device B is on set virtual dimmer to 40%)

(Joe) #461

If I add a device should it automatically get added to HomeKit?

(Megan) #462

No, you have to add it to the JSON first

1 Like
(Brian J Lambert) #463

Add to JSON file and restart the Homebridge service so that it discovers them. (I have my Pi restart every evening to do this automatically).

1 Like
(Megan) #464

I have had Homebridge actually auto pick up a new device after adding it to json.

(Jack Presley) #465

I’m following the instructions on homebridge-smartthings at npm. All goes well until I have to open the SmartThings app on my phone. There I do not see “My Apps” at the bottom of the list.

So I can’t select “JSON Complete API” from the list because I can’t see it anywhere. Gotta be something obvious I’m messing up. Any ideas?

Thank you.

(Jg506) #466

ST changed the interface in recent mobile app update. Go to Automation (bottom) > SmartApps (top) MyApps will be all the way down.

(JBrown) #467

Did you publish the "JSON Complete API"i n the ide?

1 Like
(Jack Presley) #468

Yes, I finally saw that it was not published. I viewed the code and selected Publish from there and presto it showed up in the app.

I updated the SmartThings app and selected the devices I wanted in Homebridge.

Started Homebridge and it runs and sees all platforms (Wink, SmartThings, Wemo Maker). SmartThings devices are not showing up.

Here is my JSON platform section:
“platform”: “homebridge-smartthings.SmartThings”,
“name”: “SmartThings”,
“app_url”: “https://graph.api.smartthings.com:443/api/smartapps/installations/”,
“app_id”: “___02223-d8b3-458f-986b-c0d6938e542d”,
“access_token”: “____6d70-7d1b-4b1f-a6bd-90aba1f31285”,
“polling_seconds”: 600,
“update_seconds”: 1

The app_id and access_token I got out of the SmartApp. Is that right? (I put some __ over some characters as I wasn’t sure if this was something to publish)

Anything else new to add?

Thanks guys!

(JBrown) #469

Your app URL might be wrong. Mine is https://graph-na02-useast1.api.smartthings.com/API/Smartthings/installation/

1 Like
(Jack Presley) #470

Next adult beverage is on me, Jason. Thank you sir.

1 Like
(JBrown) #471

I think Siri has to much to drink sometimes.

(Sonicspeedway) #472

Does anyone have a correct way to have homebridge start on boot on ubuntu 16.10. Ive tried every way that pertains to the raspberry pi but it always fails. Running homebridge does work correct logged in under root.

(Sunny Nijjar) #473

Hi

I have used the following instructions and it has worked for me everytime

https://www.google.com/amp/s/timleland.com/setup-homebridge-to-start-on-bootup/amp/?client=safari

These instructions will work for Ubuntu as well

1 Like
(Bryan O) #474

Wondering if anyone can give me an idea why nothing loads when i run homebridge. Below I’ve pasted the output after I start homebridge. It says 0 accessories and 0 platforms loaded. I’ve also pasted a copy of my confid.json below that. I"m trying to get things loaded in steps. Smartthings first, then accessories(Leviton switches and outlets). Right now, I can see homebridge in iDevices on my phone but that’s as far as I’m getting. I was reading that if devices are selected in Smartthings app, but plugins aren’t available, information will come up to produce a plugin.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

[12/16/2016, 10:37:14 AM] Loaded plugin: homebridge-smartthings
[12/16/2016, 10:37:14 AM] Registering platform ‘homebridge-smartthings.SmartThings’
[12/16/2016, 10:37:14 AM] —
[12/16/2016, 10:37:14 AM] Loaded config.json with 0 accessories and 0 platforms.
[12/16/2016, 10:37:14 AM] —
Scan this code with your HomeKit App on your iOS device to pair with Homebridge:

┌────────────┐     
│ 031-45-154 │     
└────────────┘     

[12/16/2016, 10:37:14 AM] Homebridge is running on port 51826.

{
“bridge”: {
“name”: “Homebridge”,
“username”: “CC:22:3D:E3:CE:30”,
“port”: 51826,
“pin”: “031-45-154”
},
“platform”: “homebridge-smartthings.SmartThings”,
“name”: “SmartThings”,
“app_url”: “https://graph-na02-useast1.api.smartthings.com/API/Smartthings/installation/”,
“app_id”: “xxx”,
“access_token”: “xxx”,
“polling_seconds”: 600,
“update_seconds”: 1
}