Hello, Home actions from dashboard?

I’ve just migrated from our VeraLite to SmartThings and I’m loving it so far!

One thing that I was able to do with VeraLite was set up scenes which could turn certain lights ON and others OFF. The only was I’ve been able to do this is by creating a new Mode in the “Hello, Home” section. Is there another way to do this? Ideally I could have it be on the “Lights & Switches” section of the dashboard.

Hi robfarmer,

I just want to make sure I understand what you’re trying to do. Under Dashboard select Lights & Switches. At the top click on gear icon. Scroll down to the bottom of your list of devices and select auto import existing switch devices. Tap on select switch devices. Select the devices you would like copied to the shortcuts under Lights & Switches. Now select the gear icon again. You can select to turn lights on based on the following: when a door/window is opened, when motion is detected, with a schedule, when people arrive. You can select to turn lights off based on the following: when no motion, after a period of time, using a schedule, or when people depart.

If this is not what you’re looking for or perhaps you need something different you will need to contact customer service and the will grant you access for you to use SmartThings Labs which will give you unlimited possibilities.

Take care, best wishes.