Heatit Thermostat (Z Wave with Under Floor Heating)

That doesnt make sense, every gateway company needs to make their own driver to support their prodcuts, because the implementation is different with each gateway. Fibaro and other more popular products dont give Samsung a “driver”, samsung makes a “driver” so that the hub support fibaro products

Someone needs to get on to Samsung then I guess :slight_smile:

Hoping for a DH to be written for Heatit Z-TRM2fx so I can buy 4-6 of them for my new home :smiley:

So Samsung should be spending time on research and development to write drivers for the thousands, if not millions, of different “Things” people may wish to connect to the hub, rather than the hardware vendors (who are making a profit for selling their smart devices)?

Just installed five Z-TRM2fx and I’m currently using the DTH posted by @MagnusStam. It’s working in a way, but is not a long term solution. I can change thermostat setpoints, but it seems that my thermostats have a newer firmware version and the parameter numbers do not match the device numbering. So when I changed some configuration (don’t remember which) the display was dimmed down to 0, as the DTH set 0 value on the wrong field in the device.

I’m seeing 0 degrees measured on 3 of them and around -43 degrees centigrade on the two others. I saw the correct temperature for some time after inclusion but then they disappeared. I can see the right temperature on the device itself.

I work as a software developer and I’m thinking that this should be doable. I’ve never written any DTH or Z-Wave stuff before so I have a lot to read up on, and then need to find the time for it. Just wanted to say that I’m starting, in case anyone else is working on it and we could join forces. I’ll post back here with a github-link when I have an early version :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Same here, I also changed the parameters to get sync but still zero degrees displayed.

Hvordan går det med DTHen Haugene?

1 Like

Just FYI: I’ve been emailing back and forth with Heatit/Thermo-Floor, and also a little bit with Samsung support. Samsung said this:

Unfortunately, your device is not compatible in the SmartThings application. We do not have plans to add support for your device in the SmartThings Application. However, we are constantly adding new devices to our supported device catalog, you can keep an eye out on newly added devices by keeping your app up to date and checking our http://Support.Smartthings.com page."

Thermo-Floor have said they’re going to look into it. They said (roughly translated): "

We have updated our homepage now, sorry for that (they stated that they supported smartthings), we will update it again when the support is official.

Hi Kristian

Thanks for being up for the challenge - hope you succeed. Feel a bit stupid here buying this thermostat…I took it for granted that I could connect to it since my hub has pretty much connected to anything else I’ve thrown at it. Good luck!!

Brgds
Christian

I just did the same. I bought 2 devices and took it for granted that it would integrate with my ST. I guess the supplier dont mind making a DTH as long as there are idiots like us who still buy their product although its not supported. :see_no_evil:

Hi!

Are there any news on this issue?

I do not understand why it is reporting 0 degrees celsius, since the documentation for the device states that it uses the physicalgraph.zwave.commands.sensormultilevelv5.SensorMultilevelReport v5 command.

Is it the payload from the device that is incorrect, and therefore useless to try to debug?

Best regards,

Jone

Ok,

I gave it a try;

Here is an initial try on a device handler for Heatit z-trm2fx with the latest fw;
Mine is now reporting the temperature for the floor sensor.

Edit: It is not working correctly yet.

• It does not set association group 2 as required for the sensor (it was set by z-wave tweaker)
  • Sync is not working correctly - There is a mismatch between scaledConfigurationValue value and expected value for some of the parameters

Best regards,

Jone

3 Likes

really nice lurajon, testing now, will you keep working on it?

Thanks!

Yes, I will.

The API docs aren’t the most informative, so I am still figuring out stuff.

I will probably push a new version next week

Best regards

Jone

1 Like

Hi!

I have pushed a new version of the DTH

I have not been able to test the configure part.

Best regards,

Jone

1 Like

Hi Adam.

Thx for the DH.
Is there any way to configure the DH so that the thermostat tile changes the color on the dashboard.

Thanks
Joacim

So I can see wether the mode is heat, eco or off

I cant get any sync on the thermostat. Is that a problem for others?

JEPP!!!

tried 50 times, but no luck.

I have a V2 hub.

Get sync incomplete here…