[OBSOLETE] Hayward AquaConnect Device Handler

Which attribute are you looking to see? It sounds like some of the states you are interested in aren’t showing in the IDE either… so that would need to get sorted out first before any SmartApp would be able to read that data from the device.

1 Like

Thanks for the quick reply Joshua. I think I have figured some of my issue out SharpTools wise. Still can’t get it to appear on the device list in the SmartThings app other than as a device connected to the Hub with no location. But that is another issue I have a few other devices (like a Zooz sensor) that are stuck there even though they look fine in the IDE.

But as far as SharpTools attributes, I have realized I am in the same boat that jjhall99 was in further up in this thread. My webscreen shows quite a few other buttons and some are in different areas than shown so I will have to sort that out in teh Handler for myself before trying to add it in SharpTools. It is bringing back some attribute info that matches what I see in the IDE so it is working partially.

Sounds good. Feel free to tag me or PM me if I can help with anything about SharpTools. :slight_smile:

1 Like

New to the community. Does this device handler still work with the latest Smartthings app? I see this thread hasn’t had recent activity so just wondering.

Same question as last post. I’m just about to buy this Hayward device and while not a hard requirement for me, I’d love to build an automation that turns off the pump/lights based on other ST conditions.

All groovy device type handlers, including this code, are now obsolete. Smartthings switched over to a completely new platform in 2023, which instead uses edge drivers written in a different programming language.

I haven’t heard of anyone working on an updated version for this, but maybe someone will post if they know.

Here’s the information on the new platform if you’re interested:

FAQ: I have no idea what Edge is. Is that a new developer tool? (2022)

1 Like