Hayward AquaConnect Device Handler

Vince,

If you use Chrome browser and hover over each button, it should show the commandRuleID, accessLeve and buttonText for each button on the page.

Scott

Hi All;
In case anyone is interested. I got it working.

First - I had to get the URL correct in the browser and sort out SSL vs HTTP.

https://www.aquaconnectweb.com/AqConSrv.asmx/GetTerminalData?unitID=12345&accountID=1234&macAddress=001122334455 HTTP/1.1

I then learned that SSL was mandatory as Chrome converts HTTP to SSL by default. Confused for about and hour.

I then shifted to WIMOS D1 Pro and got the SSL connections working. Two days later I found that once the connection was open I could send a GET as formatted below and then read the response.

“GET /AqConSrv.asmx/ButtonPress?unitID=12345&buttonID=219&accountID=1234&commandRuleID=263&accessLevel=4&buttonText=Button22”

My next step is to work this into an already working Alexa connection in the Wimos D1.

Take Care
Vince

1 Like

Sorry to be such a newbie. I am trying to figure out where the www.aquaconnectweb.com sends it HTTP POST . I have tried to TCP Connect to “https://www.aquaconnectweb.com” and their dev. site and my local controller and I cannot get any of these devices to accept the connection.

The POST do not seem to require logins so I’m perplexed as to where they are sent… ??
Thanks
Vince

Hi Folks;

Making some progress. I realized this has to be SSL connection and I’m using Curl on my MAC before moving back to the WIMOS D1 for programing. I am sending a Curl command and it seems tto be accepted. THe SSL header is not shown but it is echoing the Get command. Nevertheless my aquatech is not responding to the command. Also the aquatechweb site is leaving the connection open so it seems to be mostly working… Any idea?

https://www.aquaconnectweb.com/AqConSrv.asmx?op=ButtonPress&unitID=xxxxx&buttonID=212&accountID=xxxx&commandRuleID=265&accessLevel=4&accessLevel=Button04

• SSL certificate verify ok.
    > GET /AqConSrv.asmx?p=ButtonPress&unitID=47651&buttonID=212&accountID=8679&commandRuleID=265&accessLevel=4&buttonText=Button04 HTTP/1.1
    > Host: www.aquaconnectweb.com
    > User-Agent: curl/7.61.0
    > Accept: /
    >
    < HTTP/1.1 200 OK
    < Cache-Control: private, max-age=0
    < Content-Type: text/html; charset=utf-8
    < Server: Microsoft-IIS/7.5
    < X-AspNet-Version: 4.0.30319
    < X-Powered-By: ASP.NET
    < Date: Sat, 09 Feb 2019 12:59:29 GMT
    < Content-Length: 11534

Hi Steve,
I’ve just stumbled on your device handler this week and trying to get it working. I’ve created your a device handler from your code, created a device using the handler and set the device ID as you specified.

I’m not getting any communication to my controller, however.

If I go into the simulator in the device handler, I can see that the IP address is right when I press a button in the Smartthings app. Is there any specifics for a controller configuration that I might need to consider?

Thanks,
John

Your controller works well from your network by hitting its ip address to control the pool ? I’m asking because sometimes mine would freeze and I had to restart it…

Do you see anything logged in the Smartthings console log coming from the device ? If so, can you share here ?

Thanks,

Steve

Steve, just added this device handler and i’m having a few issues i’m hoping you can assist with:
-shows in spa mode (actually in pool mode)
-shows filter off (actually on)
-shows lights on (actually off)

I’m also wondering if there is a way that we can create buttons for particular light colors? I know that is not reported in web portal for json slurping, but turning them on and then requesting color input from user would set a baseline for light colors based on sequence (I think).

Also, anyone know if Vincent ever completed and published a device handler?

Hi!

I’m curious, would you have a screenshot of the webscreen of your device ? It seems that your buttons are not placed in the interface at the same place as mine.

Thanks,

Steve

------------------------------------------------------------------------ Disclaimer The information in this email and any attachments may contain proprietary and confidential information that is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution,
retention or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. When addressed to our clients or vendors, any information contained in this e-mail or any attachments is subject to the terms and conditions in any governing contract. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please immediately contact the sender and delete the e-mail.

Sure do - see attached.

So yeah, you clearly have more buttons than me :slightly_smiling_face: You’ll need to adjust the logic around the flags analysis in the Handler to fit your screen…

------------------------------------------------------------------------ Disclaimer The information in this email and any attachments may contain proprietary and confidential information that is intended for the addressee(s) only. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution,
retention or use of the contents of this information is prohibited. When addressed to our clients or vendors, any information contained in this e-mail or any attachments is subject to the terms and conditions in any governing contract. If you have received
this e-mail in error, please immediately contact the sender and delete the e-mail.

Thanks, Steve. Any documentation or suggestions around doing that? I’m not new to this, but far from a coding pro. Appreciate any help you can provide - or even just suggest.

So basically, the pool API returns a series of characters to specify the different leds/buttons status of the Aqua Connect device. In the code, I decode those with the following steps:

getSecondLedStatus(line3.charAt(1)), isStateChange: true)

Each character specifies the value of two leds, so you need to call this with “getFirstLedStatus” and “getSecondLedStatus” in the order of the buttons.

Thanks, Steve. I’ve been tweaking as mentioned and can now change statuses (for instance turn on the lights) via the device buttons, but the status are not reflecting properly (lights on or off). Do you have any additional details that can be shared to assist? If not, no worries and thanks in advance!

nevermind. I’ve got a stable device handler and fits the need. thank you for your earlier assistance!

Thanks a lot and congrats ! Sorry for not responding in time !!

Steve

Dumb question… Is this implementation for the Hayward AquaConnect MPN: AQ-CO-HOMENET or the older Hayward AquaConnect ha MPN: AQ-CO-SERIAL ?

Hello! I am trying to set this up and am having some issues. I installed the device handler then created a device using this device handler and the hex ip. The device is showing up with only with on/off. I am missing all the controls. Does someone know what I might be doing wrong?

Thanks

My guess is that you need to use the old SmartThings app vs the new SmartThings app to see all controls.

Any word on whether or not this works with the New SmartThings? As you know the old was DeCommd yesterday.

I have it added via the Samsung IDE, configured it, and can see some values from the Current States. But the values dont make sense. I do not see anything in the new SmartThings app. Only in the IDE. But certain things I was interested in like Switch State, Spa Temp, and Pool Temp are not showing. All other items are returning values. Is this maybe related to the previous guys where the buttons aren’t in te same order as well?

Also when I add a tile in SharpTools or ActionTiles to say show the state of the Spa Heater, it is not bringing back data. But I guess I could bring those questions over to their forums.