Has anyone used THINKBEE yet with ST?

I’ve been a long time user of smart things and I’ve held on and I’m thinking about ditching it and going with thinkbee. Has anyone linked them yet? This is the Amazon post I am talking about here is the link[Thinkbee](Thinkbee Wireless Lights Switch Kit, No Wiring Mini Remote Switch, No WiFi Needed, Outdoor 1969ft Indoor 328ft Remote Control Lighting Fixture for Led Light, Ceiling Lights and Lamps, Waterproof https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0814R5PSX/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_i_TE6H2DVRZ1HY08RZ7CX7?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1)

Thinkbee makes models of different protocols.

The one you linked to is from their older proprietary 433 MHz model line. Inexpensive and seem to be reliable, but they don’t work with anything else. No voice assistants, no SmartThings, no IFTTT. I don’t think they even have an app. So the one you linked to is just for adding an additional physical control (either a second switch or their own handheld remote). It’s popular for that purpose, but not really home automation.

In the last few years, though, they realized they needed something with more integration possibilities, particularly an app and voice control, and it looks like they have hooked up with Tuya for a Wi-Fi model. With those models, you could get partial integration through Alexa routines, IFTTT, or using the Smart Life/SmartThings integration. Here’s one of them:

https://www.amazon.com/Thinkbee-Receiver-Assistant-Schedule-Control/dp/B0814QBJJ8?ref_=ast_sto_dp

Thinkbee wouldn’t be my own first choice because I require either UL or ETL safety certifications for anything I’m going to wire into the Mains. So for relatively inexpensive hardwired WiFi lighting control with smartthings integration I would be looking at Meross, Gledopto, Sonoff or Shelly as my top candidates. (As a wheelchair user, fire safety is always a high priority for me.) but I know not everyone cares about that. I would also note, though, that the integration with smartthings would also be better for the brands I just listed.

So when you’re researching Thinkbee, make sure you check to see whether the reviewer is writing about the 433 MHz models or the Wi-Fi models. The feature set is quite different. :thinking:

2 Likes