Has anyone every tried indigo on mac os?

My understanding is that they support Insteon locks at a basic level, but not Zwave locks.

http://forums.indigodomo.com/viewforum.php?f=44&sid=a4a1b563a713a22c811ea4b2d4572c79

1 Like

You’re forgetting that Back to My Mac is built in to every Mac that shares an iCloud login.

If this doesn’t provide Client/Server dependency, then it would provide remote login functionality.

It’s true that Indigo doesn’t support zwave locks. Per the info on their website they are claiming that the support requires licensing costs for which the requirements are vague and costs not predictabl. And, sadly, really should only apply to hardware manufacturers. I can’t vouch for the accuracy of any of that but it seems clear that zwave lock support isn’t coming to Indogo any time soon.

1 Like

Update to my earlier post about Amazon Echo integration:
Yesterday, the developers released an “unofficial” plugin for the Echo, based on a Hue emulation bridge (on,off & dim only). Again, “unofficial,” meaning not fully QA tested like their other “officially” supported plugins, but it works. They are still trying to sort out how to officially support it in the future. It was a simple download and click to install.

While I still have ST running for a few things ATM, Indigo is looking pretty darn good, and stable!

And they have a plugin for the Vera (bridge) that will allow the control of locks.

1 Like