Harmony hub... which one?!?!

i want to integrate the harmony hub. basically to control tv etc but also PS4

the only thing is, i can see 2 versions of the hub

harmony hub £99.99 (does not mention console control)

harmony ultimate hub £79.99 (mentions console control)
http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/product/harmony-ultimate-hub?crid=60

i just want to know what the difference between hubs are and if anyone has one of these integrated with there ST

Not 100% sure but from what I’ve read is that after a firmware update that there’s no longer a difference.

cheaper one it is ha

1 Like

I was about to post the very same link!

Awesome thanks! this whole smart home venture is turning expensive. its sooo addictive haha

even have my eye on the amazon echo on ebay for £160

You want the ultimate (cheaper) it supports remotes. Bluetooth and smart app.

The more expensive does not have Bluetooth I think.

Echo will be in the UK this month, rumour has it.

i have just ordered the ultimate. thanks for that @Behold81

@John_Crighton ohn i did see about the echo actually. isnt it next week or something? i will wait and see what happens. Although i would think it would be same price and maybe a software update?

either way im still gonna wait for next week

Strong indication it’ll be on the 14th of this month.

1 Like

I’ve got the Ultimate. Works great!

what sort of set up do you have?

LG TV,
Virgin Media cable box
Sony Amp
HDMI switcher
PS4
Kodi android box
Loads of Philips hue lights
Plus other stuff I’m not really using the hub for.

I have 4 basic modes,

Watch TV (turns on LG, Amp, Virgin media)
Play PS4 (PS4 switch HDMI etc.) plus iPhone can be used as a remote in PS4 menu
Watch movie (switches HDMI to Kodi)
Pause TV - basically a scene that pauses the Virgin media box.

I’ve added the turn off TV routine to my night mode, so when I go to bed, my alarm turns on, lights turn off and if the TV is on, it all goes into standby mode.

perfect. exactly the kind of thing im looking to do. even down to the virgin media

thanks

don’t get the echo yet- there is a very strong rumour that they are launching it in the UK next week (14th)

No worries, let me know if you have any questions. Looking forward to integrating my Knocki (Kiclstarter project) so I can tap on the coffee table to turn everything on.
Stage 2 is also integrating either Siri or Alexa for voice commands. Just researching the posts on here now!

now that sounds pretty epic lol. i just took a look at that Knocki. what a great little tool.

im researching alexa too. I got the apk and took a quick look on IFTTT and looks so easy to set up. I do with there was more when it comes to the ST hub and hue. i will have to look into it more.

at the moment im using pushbullet to automate tasker on a tablet in my hallway (only to turn screen on/off as iv plugged in and cant access the hardware button due to a tablet mount)

im thinking with tasker and hue pro plugin involved my house will get crazy when echo arrives

It is expensive and it never ends. As soon as I set something up I start looking for something else to add !
I love the Echo. Using voice to turn on / off everything is great.

Can’t wait for Christmas. It’s going to be “Alexa Turn On Christmas” to turn on all the inside / outside lights etc !

quick question, can you save certain channels on virgin?

i ordered the echo last night and i wanted to know if i can say ‘alexa play MTV dance’

i imagine with harmony/IFTTT etc it can be done but thought i would ask