Harmony Home Control

So my Harmony Hub shows up under SmartApps, then when I click on it I get the setup screen, which shows my Harmony Hub is connected, but when I try to complete the setup wizard, I get “Failed to save page: deviceAuthorization”

What is that error? I’m not having any issues with Harmony controlling ST, just ST controlling Harmony.

@iSurvive What version of ST app are you on again? That error used to appear prior to 2.0 release as far as I can remember.

I just started a rebuild after fully tearing down my v1 hub and deleting my account. So starting fresh with a new account and V2 hub, my Harmony Hub was found right away and i was able to add the device without any issues.

Just wanted to share, to confirm it doesn’t seem to be broke for “everybody”. Could be situational.

I was getting similar errors trying to update my Harmony connection for a new hub. If you already had Harmony integration installed, it doesn’t like updating it and needs to start over. I uninstalled all my Logitech Trigger SmartApps, then uninstalled the Harmony Connect SmartApp. I got errors if I tried to uninstall the Connect before the Trigger ones. These completely removed Harmony from ST.

Then I made sure my Harmony Hubs were up-to-date. In the Harmony app, for each hub, I selected it then chose the Setup and the Sync option. No updates were needed for me, but that’s usually a good way to check.

Then I started fresh. I went into the Marketplace -> Things -> Entertainment -> Buttons/Remotes -> Harmony to reconnect ST to my Harmony account and do the hub search. After about a minute it found all 3, and I was then able to add back Trigger SmartApps. All working!

1 Like

Is the only difference a couple of dedicated buttons for devices?

So which account did you delete, ST or Harmony (or both)?

@bago do you have Harmony installed on any other locations? If so, can you remove and try again.

No, I don’t. I deleted those from my v1 install.

If I add them on my end, is there anything that you can see on your end with respect to why it’s failing?

@thegibertchan @smart I figured it out. I have 4 Harmony Hubs. Two are actively used and two are not. I deleted the “old” (relative term) not used often ones from my Harmony account and it found them right off (took 1 second).

I have just one harmony hub! :frowning:

I had 4 on my Harmony account. Two ultimate hubs and two “regular” hubs. I deleted the two regular ones using the Harmony PC app and it worked. Do (or did) you have any other remotes ever on your Harmony account. Maybe I just got lucky. Maybe the stars just aligned or some other divine intervention. But that is all I changed. I was tempted to wipe it all and start over. Thank God I didn’t go that far, I tried it for shits and giggles and it freakin’ worked!

Will check tomorrow if anything at all is linked between ST and Harmony! As such I have no practical utility for it but since it is touted, why not? :wink:

When I finally got it to work, I was on a 5 GHz radio with a different SSID than the Harmony Hubs. But I had tried being on the SSID and radio that last week. I thought of that when I first had the issue (last weekend).

I only deleted my SmartThings account, but that was after cleaning everything off of my v1 hub and then deleting the account it was attached to, I then started fresh with a new SmartThings account.

I installed the HARMONY BETA the day it was released, i set it all up and everything worked fine for at least the last 2 months,

However i woke up this morning pressed “WATCH TV BED” on the Smartthings App anddddddddddddddd Nothing happened . . . so i went into the living room and tried " WATCH LIVING ROOM TV" . . . . . . and yet again . . . Nothing Happened . . . so i did all the usual, turned this off and on and power cycle this and that, checked all connections to the apps still exist blah blah blah . . . nothing i can see is actually wrong, yet my virtual switches in smartthings wont activate the activities in harmony . . . this issue is defo with ST though as i can go into the harmony app and they still work direct . . . has there been any recent app changes or anything i should know about?

Mine also stopped working last night.

1 Like

Also broken here. Was working fine yesterday.

Has always been broken for me

I bought the ultimate a year ago due to it was advertised to work with Smart Things.

…yeah.

Same here…and coincidentally…Amazon Echo is also offline this morning. Thought it was my network but it seems like Amazon support is being slammed as I have been on hold for more than 30 mins.

This is really hurting my mission to gain acceptance from my wife. Arggg!!

1 Like