Harmony Home Control

I’ve got the same problem. Recently added a second Harmony hub and the app doesn’t seem to be able to see it with the normal refresh. New activities show up just fine, just no new hubs. I’m afraid I’ll end up having to delete the smartapp and start over, but really hoping I can avoid it.

Here’s what I got back from ST support:

“There have been some known issues recently with users being able to discover Harmony hubs with SmartThings. If you have reset the Harmony Hub it and are not able to see it in SmartThings, then unfortunately you might be experiencing this bug. Our developers are working on finding the root cause and getting it fixed, but I regret to say that we are not aware of a work-around for it at the moment. I have tagged your account to get notified when we have an update in place that addresses this. Until then, I’m sorry for the inconvenience this causes.”

Glad I’m not the only one pulling their hair out over this!

I’m also glad that you actually get responses from the support team, I’ve been waiting for support on a number of tickets with no response!

Anyone getting a solution to this? I just added another hub and Smartthings doesn’t discover it

Well, it did take longer than usual. I think they’ll respond to your tickets – but they seem severely backlogged. You would think that the Samsung acquisition would have given them a boost in working capital so they could hire appropriate amounts of technical resources, but perhaps Samsung is taking a hands off approach.

@Derrek113116: No update as it appears they have no clue why this is happening. I don’t know if this is related in any way, but I’m getting lots of “An unexpected error occurred” in ST, regardless of what section I am in or what I am doing. Stuff seems to work (except this hub discovery issue) but the errors are a bit disconcerting.

Yep i have 2 hubs that i added weeks ago they work fine. Got 2 more because love the integration, can’t add them for the life of me. sent support ticket, they told me to power cycle the hub while in discovery. Still nothing, can’t add the 2 new hubs at all.

Hi All,

We’re currently investigating with Harmony the issues you guys have been seeing with adding additional hubs. We were able to reproduce this and trying to track down the issue. Given the holidays it may take us some time to get a fix out.

We will let you know if there’s any workarounds in the meantime.

3 Likes

add me to the list kahn-st@lgk.com see the following post
Another bug since last update harmony
I had tons of crap in the logs so had to delete the harmony authorization and the smart app
when I added the app back It can not see the harmony hub.
in addition harmony can turn on certain switches but turning off is not working

I’m also having issues with adding ST devices from within the harmony app. I have sent an email to ST support. My initial response: “While using the Harmony app on Android, after logging into my smartthings account to add devices it isn’t able to retrieve my devices. I can authorize my devices but after this step it takes me back into the Harmony app and tries to retrieve them but hangs and ask to try again (which produces the same result).”.

This is now the second time the Harmony integration broke. What is the process that is failing? Is it insufficient QA testing on the ST side? Or is Logitech not giving you guys a heads up when they do firmware updates?

This seems broken here in the UK at least.

Authorising from Harmony -> ST or ST -> Harmony fails in both directions.

Please try this again. We got a note from Logitech that recent tests of adding the device is working (which failed previously).

@Mbhforum We haven’t made any changes in the past few weeks to the connect app or device type that could be causing these issues.

@krelltunez and @TheMattS give it another go.

@thegilbertchan no change for me, made sure both my Hubs were updated and accessible to my Logitech account. When I pull up the "Logitech Harmony (Connect) smart app it doesn’t show my newer hub even after letting it sit at the discovery page for a while.

Even after syncing/updating the Harmony app, I still cant add Smartthings devices to the Harmony app!

No joy here either. I power cycled, re-logged in through Harmony app, etc. – still only my two old(er) hubs and not the third I recently added. I have a workaround for my use case, so I’m good – but happy to try again when an actual fix is implemented.

Didn’t discover my 2 new hubs either…

I have the same issue. Got the new ST hub for Christmas. I added it to the harmony side just fine, but when I go to discover it as a ST “thing” it times out. It says the harmony hub timed out and says to restart it, which I’ve tried several times with no luck.

Alright here is where I am now. I deleted the smart app and added it back, made sure every Hub was upgraded to latest firmware. Harmony connect found all hubs and activities, now I’m back to the issue people were having before, failed to load, credentials! I’ve removed and added the app 5 times and same issue!!!

Thanks for everybody’s replies.

We’re actively working with Logitech to trace down the recent issues with linking up the two services.

1 Like

@thegilbertchan I don’t know if it is related, but I can’t get my Flic app to connect to Harmony. When you login to Harmony, you get put in a loop where it doesn’t think you are logged in. Is this similar to these issues? Not sure if it’ll help.