Harmony Home Control

Hi.

https://smartthings.wufoo.com/forms/q8918lz1072mc6/

If you filled out this form - Great. We were testing on a certain select group earlier. Now we’re opening it up to everyone. Will import everyone who fills out this form by 12:00pm PST tomorrow, and you’ll be able to access it sometime during the day. It will be under labs, and you will have to reinstall.

Cheers.

1 Like

Excellent to hear. Do you know if this has been tested with multiple Harmony Hubs. I tried to be in the beta so I could help test that but didn’t get selected. I have two hubs and want to be able to control both.

If I sign up which I did the last time, will I still be able to watch my favorite shows? :wink: no unexpected errors on my Samsung TV notification bar. Right? Hehehehe!

OK signed up again. It’s been so long I honestly forget if I filled out that form. I think I did.

I just got an email notification from @April about the beta, but can’t find the app in labs to install it. All of the harmony apps I have indicate they haven’t been updated recently… odd. Anyone know exactly what the name of the beta app is? Logitech Harmony Connect, Updated January 30, 2015? Logitech Harmony Trigger Updated March 17, 2015? Logitech Harmony (Connect) Updated June 23, 2015?

Logitech Harmony (Connect) Updated June 23, 2015?

this one.

Cool thanks April. New app works great. Was hoping the integration would provide activities directly as devices (without a separate smart app), but I’m just pleased as peaches that it’s working. Nice job to you and your team.

Looks good to me too. As it list the activities during startup I guess there is a way to fetch them and use them.

So werid, after I installed the new app, my Harmony app will not connect to my Harmony Hub and the smart things app is not communicating to the harmony app… There has to be something wrong with my hub because my Hue lights no longer connect either :frowning:

oh my gosh this is a nightmare… everything in the house keeps shutting off for now reason lol Tv goes off, curtains close and light go off lol I had to delete the harmony app from smartthings… I may need to start from scratch, anyone else having issues?

I also got the email from @april and I installed it which it seems to be working well. Under activity you can see it polling what actions are available that you have setup on your harmony hub and when I turn on “Watch TV” I can successfully click end activity and the harmony hub turns off everything.

Obviously some growth is needed for full functionality but it is clearly talking and speaking the same language.

My only question is how could we call the end activity function? Ex when my presence changes (I leave) the end activity is pressed to make sure I don’t leave my tv on.

It would be really neat to use this as a theft deterrent when you’re not home. Ex changing channels etc turning the tv on and so on or as a really fancy alarm clock. Or as I would enjoy SmartThings as a whole home hub - scheduling the tv to turn on to a certain channel etc

End of my blabbering I’m just excited for this to be working!

Phew… got it all worked out, is there any way to execute the harmony activity aside from in the smart labs?

//End all current AV activities and power off all AV devices
yourHarmonyDevice.allOff()

or

//End the activity 
yourHarmonyDevice.activityOff()

I don’t know of any other SmartApps that do this, but if you want to do it in code or ask the developer of your favorite SmartApp for a new feature:

First refresh the list of all activities using getAllActivities() which will (re)populate the activities attribute. Then call startActivity(ActivityID) where ActivityID is the numeric ID for the activity pulled from the activities attribute sent as a String.

i’d be super-stoked if they could populate my devices the harmony controls. I have a couple of non-entertainment devices that are IR controlled that i would like to toggle with smartthings. however as it is, i have to assign a special activity to do this, and it invariably shuts off something else.

1 Like

Hi, I’m a bit confused. I installed the new SmartApp from the Labs section and then signed into my Harmony account, then selected my two hubs from the list and clicked Done. That seemed to create a separate device for each hub in SmartThings.

However, I’m confused about what to do from here. Am I supposed to be able to start controlling some of my Harmony activities/devices from SmartThings now somehow? Any help is much appreciated.

I am in the same boat. I also have two hubs. So now I have two devices and when I open them I can see current activity if there is one and I can “Stop” that activity". But that’s it. How do I start an activity.

I am sure a smart app is required here but why isn’t there at least a simple one released with the device ?

Is there any documentation on what calls we can make. I see pieces above but I would like to know the API before I start trying to write some smart apps.

One App I would like to write is Activity Launch Switch = a virtual switch which will launch an Activity when turned on and and end activity when turned off. This is to be used with my Amazon Echo to add ability to say “Alexa, Turn on Spotify”

I may also like to adjust the device code to let me select an activity if that is possible. But not sure if we can dynamically display tiles based on available activities so no idea how to write that.

1 Like

I had to do download the Harmony app to “Trigger Logitech Activities” for each “activity”

I don’t understand.
What was the result of doing this and what does “Trigger Logitech Activities” mean ?
I already have the Harmony App installed and have used it before trying the ST app integration.

Did doing whatever you are describing make the ST device change ?

I downloaded this app in addition to the New one that allows access to the Harmony cloud.

I downloaded this twice one for each activity that is setup in my harmony app (good night / Good morning)

each app is setup that when pressed it activates the lights/curtains/ and turns off the tv.

The only thing i can’t do is change TV channels…