Hardware Organization

I need some suggestions on how to organize my home networking devices. Not the built-in or peg-board where I can hide the device, but rather an economical way to cut the device clutter in my small home office and provide some dust protection. Not that hiding everything is a bad idea, I just think that this may not be permanent enough to warrant the work.Besides my wife is thinking I may need some help budgeting my money :confused:

Partial device list:
SmarthThings hub
Hue hub
Obi202 (voip)
Chamberlain myQ hub
Cisco cable modem
Netgear Nighthawk X6 router
D-link 5 port Gigabit switch (wishing I had ethernet wired throughout house)
Alexa Dot (only until Google Home becomes smarter)

hide it
think it through
dont just do it
have a well thought out plan

Get a powerline ethernet device or wifi-to-ethernet bridge. Find a closet that’s central in your home with a power. Keep your ST hub, Hue Hub and myQ hub there.

I don’t have power to any closet. But my garage office is next to the garage. I could use a wifi-to-ethernet bridge there as the wifi router would only be separated by the adjoining wall. Thanks for the tip.

Ah, the fun part of any project – – making it appear invisible!

You’re going to need to be a little careful, though; It sounds like you’re going to have your devices too close together and you may get Wi-Fi/zigbee interference.

Can somebody else please go into the details of that. Thanks! :sunglasses:

Powerline adapters used to interfere with Zwave hardware plugged into house power. Was this remedied at some point? Why I never tried power line.