Handi-capable

Wiring is always a big complicated topic and will require screenshots and usually technical drawings. I suggest you start a new topic for that one under connected devices. Make sure you put the brand and model of the zigbee module in the thread topic and that way people who have it will be able to help you. :sunglasses:

https://community.smartthings.com/c/devices-integrations/connected-things

I’ll do that if i continue to have problems with the new one.

1 Like

How do i know if i have blue or red and how to do i install both ?

Tell your Echo “Alexa, tell Harmony to turn down the volume.”

It should immediately tell you whether you have the red skill installed or whether you need to enable it.

For more information, contact Harmony support.

https://support.myharmony.com/en-us/harmony-experience-with-amazon-alexa

It’s been a while since I’ve updated this. Honestly, I forgot I started it until I stumbled across it. lol
So just to make it current…
I have successfully installed the fan modules in the two fans (living room and b’s bedroom) after replacing both fans. I still want to convert the 3 other fans we have in the house, (my room, office and dining room) but funds are short and those are not important to this project. So they are on the back burner.
I bought an echo connect, so that helps out A LOT with calls. We were able to get rid of his voice activated phone that was very frustrating to use most of the time. And now we don’t have to listen to a phone ring whenever telemarketers call or go back to his room to hang up on them (we only have one phone in the house), we can do that from anywhere in the house!
I still haven’t figured out the WOL thing or a separate harmony hub for his room for his computer/tv yet. But rereading this post reminded me of that, so I will look into that again.
The door issue hasn’t been resolved yet either, due to funds being allocated elsewhere lately and my lack of motivation with this project. But I’m back at it again and looking for more to add (as long as the value is there).
One more project I have in mind is automating windows shades. I’ve been looking into this for a few days and have found that MOVEZ may be the best option there. Still kind of pricey, but cheap compared to others. ($400 for 6 windows) and there’s no need to by new curtains/shades.
So with all that said, I will try to do a better job of keeping this updated from now on as I try to conquer these goals. The next step will probably be to introduce a way to turn B’s tv off/on, since that shouldn’t have much cost and the process would be simple.

1 Like