Hampton Bay Zigbee Fan controller

Also appreciate an update to map the fan on/off to the SmartThings button if possible

Thanks

Hi Guys,

We have a working version for new app. Action feedback is still pending in new app, but we can consider this one a functional version. After any change, the buttons keeps processing and no action is updated until you re-open the device.

2 Likes

This looks amazing. Thanks for sharing

This thread is extremely old and targeted primarily at the old handler. Perhaps you could start a new post for this new handler and link to it here?

Whats the new handler?

Why are you asking me? You posted it! Your new code for the fan controllerā€¦

1 Like

Rafael, appreciate if you can share the GitHub location for the new SmartApp.

thanks

Okā€¦ thats only a small change on the existing device handler (thatā€™s why I asked about ā€œa new codeā€)
Iā€™m planning to refactor the existing code to remove one device per button.
My plan is basically
1 - Create a simple dimmed switch to represent the fan control with 5 levels (0 for off, 5 for high)
2 - Remove the smart app simplifying the device handler
3 - Add a timer button on the main device handler

Any other thoughts for improvements?

2 Likes

lets ask these questions in the right place, i.e. the thread for the current app/handler

Thanks for taking the lead on this ā€¦

1 Like

I have been trying for 2 days to get your updated code working to no avail.
Besides going into the IDE, and pasting in and publishing the new code, what else do I need to do?

Thanks

Yeah, please donā€™t get rid of the control for the comfort breeze setting.

I honestly like how this responds vs the hanlder for the GE, which I am never quite sure it took the command to go up, or down, until after the fan (slowly) responds and the display (slowly) responds, after I hit the up or down button a mess of times, making it either max out, or turn off. When I just want medium speedā€¦

@Rafael_Borja does the new handler you have in the works allow for use of the physical remote control and for actions performed by the remote control to be reflected in the smartthings GUI?

Hello All,

Over the past two years Iā€™ve been updating my house to be smarter, but I will be moving soon. So I donā€™t need the 4 Zigbee smart ceiling fan modules I had installed. If you are looking modules to install please let me know. Iā€™ve attached a picture.

Thanks

I may be interested in one. How much do you want for one, shipped to 94536?

Thanks,
Scott

Hi Tim. Iā€™m interested in 2 please. How much shipped to 90250?

$35 and i will take care of the shipping.

Theyā€™re $38 at Home Depot right now, with the remotes.

It might be a little late to add a comment, But I in trying to setup the controller and DTH and reading the posts I learned something in my own implementation. After major drop-off issues and flaky remote function, I unhooked the controller, opened it up, jiggled the antenna lead for both the remote and Zigbee antennas (there appeared to be hot glue holding the leads to the edge of the circuit boards, it was also on the connection at the board) I put the controller back together and this time installed the controller from the other side of the fan bracket so the antenna leads pointed in the direction of my smartthings hub. Like magic the remote worked much faster and more reliable and no more drop-offs.

Now if DTH for the new app comes along that would be the grand slam. Meantime Iā€™m sticking with 5015 release and using ST classic to control fan, light control still works in new app just no fan control of feedback. For my purposes I am using ST to check what the kids left on and turn off lights and such remotely when the house is empty. I would say to those working on the DTH for the new app, even if you just reported state of fan that would be enough. I could then open classic and turn the fan off.

If you have the other 2, what would you take for them to 77573?

So I got in on the deal of the day at HD for $35 and got it installed at paired. It all went pretty easy (I was swapping out an older Hampton Bay remote unit). I did end up with one problem, though.

After I got everything installed, it worked great and the fan was spinning the correct direction (blowing down). However, I was messing with the little white remote and somehow I got the fan to reverse direction, so now it blows up. I have tried all sorts of button press combos but cannot replicate whatever it was that caused it to reverse direction. I read a review that said that the remote would do a reverse if you held the fan speed button, but I still canā€™t get the fan to change direction to blow down.

BTW: The fan does NOT have a direction switch. The original remote had a reverse button.

Does anyone have any ideas of how to issue a reverse direction signal from the little white remote? Can this be added to the zigbee side of things?
Or, does anyone have one of the black remotes with the reverse button that they donā€™t need?

Thanks,
Scott