Hampton Bay Zigbee Fan controller

No it will not.

2 Likes

I can not get this thing to work based on presence. Can someone please help. I have it to where it can adjust the fan speed with the temperature however when I use my motion sensor and set it to a certain time it stays running.

I have tried it at 1, 10 and 30 minute intervals with no luck.

I also tried having the motion sensor tied to a separate switch set at the same time interval to make the light come on and then go off and that works fine (Just to check that the motion sensor was working properly)

I am using the hampton bay wink controller for the fan and the osram lightify temp/motion sensor, however I don’t use that sensor for the temperature as it is always a little warmer than the one on the ecobbe thermostat so I set it to follow the thermostat for temperature.

What are you using to do your automation
ST Smart Lighting, your own app, WebCoRE, something else?

Basically, it’s just another regular ST device so I honestly think it is either:
a) Somehow the logic that does the automation has a hole in it
b) The fan device misses commands meaning it has a borderline connection

You’ve kind of ruled out a) already by using a light so I’m wondering if it could be b). But, what I usually do is just use the Live Logging and/or device logs to see if there are any errors and that the command was actually sent to the device via the app logs (ALL mode). It might also be worth it to use the ST Smart Lighting to turn on the fan based on a switch turning on and selecting the “turn it off when the switch goes off” since that’s almost the same thing you’re doing with the timeout.

From experience, the “turn something on, sleep, wake up and turn it off” can be problematic but I guess that depends on how you’re doing the automation. Odd that it seems to work with a light though.

That’s a great idea to use the smart lighting instead. That should easily solve the problem. Thanks!

Now if I could figure out why the lights won’t dim!!!

In the battery compartment of the remote, next to the dip switches, there is another toggle. Make sure it’s set to “D”.

1 Like

No remote for this fan. I bought just the controller from the manufacturer.

Oh
the dimmer slider on the light child device doesn’t work?
How about light on/off?

You’ll need to find a remote and send a light on/off command from the RF remote with the dip switch set to activate dimming. I think it’s the only way.

Light on/off works great, very responsive. Just the slidder doesn’t work. Also, tried using the smart lighting app to turn on and set level. Just goes to 100

Ok I have a remote from another room just need to climb up there and see what code it is set to!

2 Likes

I have the wink/zigbee receiver and that wall remote. When I set the fan to medium speed from the remote, it turns the light off. I also hate that it doesn’t fit in a standard decora plate. I’m going to try a new wall controller.

I have this same problem with my light when I set the fan speed to medium. Did a new controller fix the issue, or do you still have this problem?

Also, this only seems to happen with one of the two fans (different models) that I installed the controllers and same wall switch. I am not exactly sure why different fans would matter though.

I believe this to be an issue with the receiver being on certain channels. Switching to a different channel (dip switches) solved this.

not sure if any one is looking for these still
but home depot has them instock again on line

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Hampton-Bay-Universal-Wink-Enabled-White-Ceiling-Fan-Premier-Remote-Control-99432/206591100

current price 49.99 and they say free delivery also

i designed a simple 3d printer remote holder for this controller it screws over a toggle type light switch to hide it behind the remote and block it from being turned off here are some pics of it if any one is intrested in it .

6 Likes

Very slick.

great idea
 looks slick

stl?

1 Like

Just picked one of these up, surprised by how easy the install/device handler was to get up and running! Thanks all the pioneers who put in the hard work documenting and figuring this thing out!

2 Likes

I hope you’ll share the design files so others can print these, or maybe take some orders? I’d love 3 of these.

not a problem I designed it with tinker cad so if any one want to improve it , that would be great I tried to upload it here but since its not a pic its not allowed it seems, Ill try to upload it to thingiverse and I post a link later
ok I got it added to thingiverse site link is https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:2955330

if any one downloads and prints it let me know what you think , this was somewhat my first real design

2 Likes