Halo Smart Smoke Detector

dont see it listed in “from example”. anyone have the code for the halo? not halo+

I don’t know of any custom DTH’s for these on ST. I believe these can be a little challenging to join.

@iandroo888, if I remember right, I had to press and hold the center button for close to a minute. You can also try pressing the center button 5 times in a row, or 7, or even 10. Some zigbee devices use consecutive button presses to reset them or force a rejoin.

yeah i tried holding it for about 20 seconds which did a reset. it said clearing settings then asked to join using halo app

osht… jk i randomly pressed it while i was in the search page… within maybe 5 seconds it said it was ready to setup… then connected… then setup complete o.O

1 Like

Cool, glad you got it connected.

1 Like

@steven.green please make a push button using the CLI so we can hush the smoke detector now that classic is being retired

Kinda surprising the standard smokeDetector capability doesn’t have a clear command by default. Are there any smart smoke detectors that you can’t clear from the app?

1 Like

FirstAlert ZSmoke for starters. It only sends status and does not receive any commands. Its the reason Inwent to another solution.

3 Likes

Such a sorry state of affairs for smoke detectors, the new nest api doesn’t even support them. I’m hoping they add it so I can switch back to nest.

I’d gladly make the button myself but the DTH for these is still not public

The hubitat dth does not have hush implemented either.

1 Like

Anybody know of a way in which we can eliminate some alerts for the Halo+ weather alerts. I don’t need alerts for a thunderstorm watch or winter storm watch as I only want alerts for warnings not watches. I tried toggling them to false in the settings in the new app but they will not stay in that state and there is no save button.

You can set those preferences in the IDE at the device level and save them there for now.

Since the old S.T. app is no longer has anyone found a way to add the HUSH feature in the new S.T. app? This is horrible as it goes off with weather at 2 am and I dont know how to stop it… I reached out to S.T. and they said sorry… It was lost with the old App… I dont get it since it was in the old app they should be able to transfer it but they cant… HELP??

Unless someone at ST decides to create a custom capability to fix it, no. It would take all of a half hour to create a custom capability with a push button to send the hush command instead of the old tile for classic, but the device handler is not open source so the community cannot do it.

@steven.green @Brad_ST @blake.arnold

1 Like

So I am using the new smartthings app since old one died. I have two spare halo plus.

One of mine is dying and want to replace it. Can someone tell me how with the new app? I see someone says to choose a zigsbee device but can you elaborate more?

thanks,

Jeff

You just add device and select scan nearby.

1 Like

Sorry I only use Smarththings for my Samsung devices and my Halo’s And I added the halos from their app a long time ago. So when you select scan nearby it just adds and you dont need to choose a device type. That makes sense.

And what about the firmware it talks about on here. That will just update?

My issue if anyone has seen it is my basement one reports Smoke about once a day and almost instantly reports cleared. There is no smoke. My basement is kind of cold (in 60’s) where it is so thought it may be a temp thing.

I am scared to replace but if I have to I will do it.

Oh and Thank you for replying!!!

I don’t know if smartthings will update the firmware for these.

what are they talking about a humidity fix then. I guess I am confused but as long as I can add it thats fine I guess

The fix was in the device handler, you don’t need to do anything.

I still think their readings are inaccurate even after the fix.

ok thank you again for your help