Guest presence Home Away issues

I have a zigbee smartthings presence sensor I would like to use for a dog walker. I would like to set them up as an individual automation so I can easily disable them as needed.

I have two cell phones as my current presence sensors.

I tried Away precondition and both phones away as a precondition, but it still triggers instantly while I have the sensor home.

Not sure the best way to deal with this, I would like to be able to have the keys at home. We only hand off the keys occasionally

When we had a working sensor on our guest keys, I had a “guest mode” virtual switch and a “guest presence” virtual presence sensor. I used WebCORE to automate it, but you should be able to do it with ST routines - if guest mode is on (precondition) and keys are present, set guest presence to present. If guest mode is on and keys are away, set guest presence to away. I think you’ll need a third automation for if guest mode is off, set guest presence to away. You may need to tweak it a bit but something close to that worked great until a guest returned the sensor without its guts :tired_face:

Guest mode switch is a good idea… I will play with adding that, thanks for the suggestion. What are people using for guest presence these days without any for sale item that does this feature?