Google Map of SmartThing Users – Add Yourself and Connect

Driving into work this morning, I was thinking that the other two guys in my office CAN’T be the only other folks in our area that have SmartThings and I’d like to be able to connect with more people on the local level.
For example, I ordered too many presence tags and wouldn’t mind trading them for something else. Or if someone has a question about my installation or vice versa, we can share in person.
I’ve created this Google Map to share. It’s the first time I’ve tried to do something like this, so let’s hope it works.
I’ve dropped a location on my town, but obviously not my house.

We have a datacenter in Richmond near you, sorta the same thing :slight_smile:

Dan, yeah, i ordered too many multi’s and no presence at all. As I use them, I wonder what I was thinking. So how do we add to the map?

OK, apparently I forgot to select “let anyone edit the map”, so I corrected that. Now, in the upper left hand corner, hit the edit button and then move over to the map and add a location. After that, save it.
I think that will work.

I’m on there. Pretty cool idea, thanks Dan!

Twack

Can’t figure it out on an iPad.

Super cool idea!

Dan or Andrew,

Can you guys post something about this on the weekly newsletter?

Twack

Done!
(Glen Park, San Francisco, CA, 94131)

I’m on there, in Houston, all alone :frowning:

Twack,

I think it would be great to get into the newsletter and on social media to increase signal strength, but that’s going to have to be Andrew. Or anybody else at SmartThings. Like you, I’m just a backer with some good ideas. Maybe I’ll shoot a couple people an email or two.

There is a weekly newsletter?

Bump… added Grand Rapids, MI.

How can I add Staten Island NY?

Rather than re-write instructions, I’ll show you what I found: http://www.wisebread.com/how-to-edit-google-maps

It’s a little out of date as I think some of the terminology is different, but basically you want bookmark the shared map. Then type in your location, click add to my maps and then select the SmartThings map.

Added Pasadena, CA! SmartThings shows up in the AppStore as ‘popular near me’ on the iOS 7 Beta, surprised I’m the first to add in the LA area here.