Google Home

Same here about Play Music streaming from G Home stopping. Christmas bummer. (First world problem.) I was streaming from GH to my Google Audiocast connected to receiver and it kept stopping. Had better luck streaming from GH via YouTube music.

OK, that was funny.

What Alexa skill are you using to send a shopping list request to Google Keep?

It seems to be ok today.

No just meant Alexa to the Alexa app shopping list, wish there was a skill to go to keep

2 Likes

Maybe there is a IFTTT to send things to Google keep.

We use Our Groceries, a great shopping list app. I’ve spoken to the developer and they are investigating GH integration. They already have Alexa integration, so they’re on board with home automaton.

If you also have an Alexa, the skill works well, when Alexa understands you, anyway. :slight_smile:

“Alexa, ask Our Groceries to add ice cream to Grocery.”

“OK, sun screen has been added to Grocery.”

Grrrr

2 Likes

Dont know if anyone has managed to integrate this , i’ve been trying to use IFTTT and a phrase to give an answer which works for some things however when i do this

“Whats the guest wifi password”

“the guest wifi is 
”

its just tells me about how devices connect to wifi ect , like its doing a google search, has anyone used a phrase that doesn’t mean it searches information about wifi?

Maybe this is what you’re looking for:

Yeah that’s where I got the idea from but my results seem to be different and he sadly doesn’t give the phrases he uses

I install cameras for a living and in most states it’s illegal to include a microphone on the camera. I doesn’t mean that it can’t be added or beside but any hotel or restaurant legal advisor would likely recommend against. Just saying.

1 Like

I tried to explain this before and got slammed and didn’t feelike trying to explain it. In your home is one thing. Public places is a whole other issue. I have among other things a CDC I oversee and would have to get every parents permission for audio. Even if one said no it’s a no period.

This might happen because Google might interpret “Whats” as “What’s” try adding “What’s the guest Wifi password” to IFTTT as well in one of the 3 options.

I only know this because I have the Pixel which will show you what it interprets your voice command as and I’ve had to add both options to many ifttt applets.

You didn’t get “slammed”. It was pointed out that your explanation consisted of claims that were patently false (ie, your claim that “most states” are multi-party consent states), and that you just flat didn’t know what you were talking about
as also evidenced with your flawed comparison between “no guns allowed” signs in GA and consent to being recorded being afforded by entering a business when clearly visible signage inform you of that fact that you will be recorded inside.

you are correct , so thank you. I changed it to what’s and it seems to work 8/10 times now

1 Like

Im thinking of using google home as my morning alarm via my phone or IFTTT and ideally integrating into ST to change my mode from “goodnight” to “home” is this even possible ?

GA is a one party state however businesses can not record audio regardless of signs or not. They need written consent. That was my point. Are all states the same no but most are. Audio is a touchy area in businesses. Walmart doesn’t record video in any state. Wife is a manager at one because of legalities. And it’s posted surveillance is used. So

Walmart definitely records video in multiple states. No audio though. Just search for “Walmart surveillance video” under news and you’ll find multiple examples just from this year.

I don’t want to link to any because most of the ones posted by news stations are of violent crimes. But clearly the video exists.

As far as recordings in your home, you need to check local law, but there are two main points that most people are not aware of:

1. in quite a few states, The camera owner has wider permission to record video then to record audio. It’s just the way US laws of developed over time. The exact permission is required vary from jurisdiction to jurisdiction, but many people are surprised to learn that audio is often more prohibited than video. If I understand correctly, this was the point that @joewom was making initially.

2. The widespread use of nannycams has led to some pushback laws in some states which say that you just can’t record, either video or audio, in certain parts of a home, even if you post a sign ( as it was believed there was an intimidation factor involved for employees). In particular, the use of hidden cameras in bathrooms and bedrooms is most likely to be prohibited. But again, check your local laws.

I just said they record video and no audio. Because audio is treated differently. We can go state by state but why. For the most part businesses will not record audio period. It’s a legal nightmare.

You read it before I found my mistake sorry.

1 Like

Says who? There’s absolutely nothing in the relevant GA Code (§§ 16-11-62 & 16-111-66) regarding any requirement for written consent. Can you cite any case law on the subject stating that written consent is the only valid form of consent to audio recording?

Even if that was actually your point, the comparison with “no guns allowed” signage made absolutely no sense at all.

In what way are you now claiming that “most are” the same? And on what are you basing that claim? We already know that your claim that most of them are multi-party consent states was incorrect.