Google Home

Cmon guys. This post is about Google home. Took me forever to read because of all the off subject comments. There is a private msg option if you needed to compliment each other.

7 Likes

Privacy and related legal issues are very much a part of the subject of these devices, whether those aspects interest you or not.

1 Like

We agree on that. Lol

1 Like

I actually wanted to buy that if it’s in English :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s Japanese only. Pre-order cost is $3400.

I know, that’s why I ended up not preordering :confused:
Something I won’t see for a while in US, and if there’s something similar it’s gotta be a sexy lady that personalizes Alexa/GH o.o

Just incase anyone wanted to know. I have the Google pixel and Google home. The pixel assistant won’t work alone but once you have Google home with the same account. You will be able to tell the assistant in pixel to control you devices. We are slowly moving away from Alexa.

3 Likes

Does home control through Pixel work anywhere, or only when you are on your home WiFi network?

Anywhere from my experience.

2 Likes

Yeah, you can control it anywhere even with your Google home unplug from power. Only downside is that the wake word for the pixel is “OK google” which is also the wake word for Google home. I have to use “hey google” for Google home.
One really nice thing is that the pixel wake word is encrypted with your voice so only my voice with wake it up.

1 Like

Is this feature only avail on Google pixel or any Android with Google assistant?

Google Trusted Voice has been out for awhile. I’m an advocate of voice biometrics; in a way, I’m kinda surprised that it didn’t roll out as a native component of the GoogleHome system. It makes a world of sense.

2 Likes

Yeah because it will always default to GH if your around one even if you want to use your phone.

[quote=“Glen_King, post:1242, topic:48191, full:true”]

Good for some households, not for others. So it should always be an option.

For example, at my house there are health aides that come and go. And sometimes the agency sends a substitute. I don’t want to have to either do voice training for that person or have them be unable to use the device. So I like that anyone can just walk into the room and use it. In a household, it’s a shared device with a fixed location.

I use “my voice only” on my watch, but that’s not intended to be used by more than one person.

Choice is good. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

[quote=“JDRoberts, post:1244, topic:48191, full:true”]

Choice is indeed good. I am imagining that once voice biometrics becomes a ‘thing’, it will have to be administered. You might have a system where secure features (such as locks) are subject to voice biometrics validation, others are personalized (such as calendars) and subject to voice biometrics identification, and the remainder can be open to the ‘public’.

4 Likes

Surely you mean “couldn’t care less”

Same thing really. Coudnt care less or could care less. Means I really have don’t care.

Could care less means you care some, couldn’t care less means you don’t care at all.

Again I digress.

Apparently there are some updates available that will make the Google Home device talk to Sony Bravia (and other Android TVs) as well as other Chomecast built-in Sony devices.

2 Likes