Google Home Assistance - problems with ST - KNOWN issue to Google

Thanks for keeping us updated!

1 Like

To everyone with the Couldn’t update the settings issue, I gong to say it louder, TRY USING A DIFFERENT BROWSER!
Chrome browser seems to be the issue, or maybe some bug in the integration between Google Home app and the Android Browser.
I tried all methods mentioned here before and nothing worked until I installed Firefox and made it default browser.
As soon as I did it, it worked right away and everything is connected and working as before, no ghost devices or anything.

1 Like

I’m using an iPhone and iPad to manage my Google Home/Smartthings and still have the issue so it’s not the browser. Since I’ve got my Home Mini I’ve had issues with newly added devices on ST not showing up on the Home Mini as well as numerous duplicate devices. Also, I can disable Google Home support on the ST side and still see listing for ST devices. Hopefully Tuesday’s fix actually happens Tuesday and fixes all of this.

1 Like

Tried different browser and still can’t relink.

Is this still set for tomorrow? Been unable to use smart things with my smart home for over a week now

I was having some issues with controlling my Nest Thermostat through Google Home and narrowed it down to GH showing the thermostat twice: once from the Nest and once from the ST. I tried the whole “don’t show the Nest thermostat in GH” and it still showed up. That’s when I found this thread and looking forward to the fix rolling out today!

PS. Has the issue of Nicknames that disappear from the GH app been resolved?

Fix for device lists in Google Assistant not updating according to smartapp settings is still expected today.

Also, Google has been working on removing the virtual devices some of you see in Google Assistant. In some cases, this might be a cause for linking failing.

2 Likes

Googles fix for device list not respecting smartapp settings has now been deployed. Seems to be working but let me know if it doesn’t.

Note that this does not affect accountlinking issues.

@Lars its’s still not working for me. The same as before is occurring. I checked for new devices and the assistant forced me to give access to all things/routines. I went into ST and selected only the relevant things but the google assistant is still displaying everything.

Still not working for me either. I still see duplicates of some devices and I see devices that aren’t allowed based on my ST Google Smart App settings.

1 Like

Still seeing ghost/phantom/nonexistent devices in the “Virtual and other devices” list.

Still same problem.
Issue is NOT resolved.
When i go back and check in Smartthings App
 the Google Assistant SmartApp defaults to selecting ALL items.
ie. it resets my selections

Correction
 it resolved itself.
After having ADDED Smarthings to my Google Home
 and it adding ALL my devices,
I went into Smartthings app and re-selected the 4 items i wanted to control.
When i went BACK into Google Home
 it now only showed those 4 items.

So it may be you need to ADD Smarthings to Google Home first
 and then go to Smartthings app and choose the devices you want it to show.

Try that and see if it works for you.

1 Like

I had done that before. But it now works! I think it just took a few minutes to update in assistant. Thanks @Lars

Ended up unlinking ST in Google Assistant and uninstalling the Google app on ST. Left for an hour to take care of something else and when I got back I re-linked ST to Assistant dismissed the room setup tab and scrolled through the list of devices. Of course everything was there but no dupes! Went into ST and re-configured the app and after about five minutes only the devices I wanted showed up on Assistant (and still no dupes).

Note that this does not affect accountlinking issues.

@Lars, is this a separate tracked issue? I am still getting the “Error 400” issue when trying to setup smart things with Google Assistant

The fix worked for me. I had to unlink/reconnect everything, but now I only see the devices I want to see and Assistant doesn’t get confused when I ask it to control the thermostat. Thanks for working with G on this fix :slight_smile:

1 Like

Might as well add on to here:

Wednesday Nov 1st 2017 and I still get “Couldn’t update your settings. Check your connection” on Android
and “Something went wrong, try again” on iOS when trying to link Smarthub with Google Home App

American Google Home
American Google Home Mini
UK V2 Smarthub

Other people have been able to link these two without any issues.

I was getting that message yesterday, even though the acct got linked. Backing out of the Devices window and refreshing showed all my ST devices in there.

This is worth highlighting and I have seen this happen too. Forcing a refresh one or two times after account linking fails sometimes will bring up the devices. You do this by pulling downwards on the “Devices” or on “Manage account” tab.