Google Home Assistance - problems with ST - KNOWN issue to Google

I still cannot unlink smartthings from my GH account…I have the latest version and I have done factory reset…I can’t figure out how to PM you, how can I get my account fixed?

I’d like to know this as well. I’ve called him via @Lars but received no response from him in the forum.

Gadzooks, this issue is killin’ me! Still no resolution :frowning:

28 devices stuck in limbo on a ghosted ST account - I’m dead in the water. Ugh.

I’m sure @Lars is probably avoiding the forums here, and I frankly wouldn’t blame him… It was generous of him to offer support at first, but I’m sure he had no idea how widespread the problem is, and it since it appears to be on Google’s end, I’m sure he’s busy with his own real job.

But it would be nice if he or someone at SmartThings would start wringing Google’s neck about this issue!

Any update??

I’ve had no luck with smartthings and google home since i was forced to update weeks ago. This is really disappointing support from both google and smartthings.

I was able to unlink my account as i mentioned in my earlier post, but have been unable to link smartthings to google home since then. I’ve been a huge smartthings fan for the last few years with over 50+ devices, but no other issue has taken so long to resolve. There has been NO communication over this issue. Both google and smartthings point and blame each other.

Out of nowhere today i was able to unlink Smartthings! I have added it back in and it seems to work.

OMG, it’s an early Festivus miracle!

I checked it not even 2 hours ago (no joy), but just checked now and it works - I’m unlinked!!!

THANK YOU whoever did this!!!

one weird side effect: the rouge device that wouldn’t go away, the seemed to hang things up, the name stayed, but the actual switch it corresponded to changed…it took me a while to figure this out why my coffee machine switch was missing…it was renamed the ghost device!

Still showing phantom/ghosted/old-and-unresponsive devices in the “Virtual and other devices” category of Google Home.

This, despite running the gamut of unlinking SmartThings, factory resetting Google Home, clearing data/cache from the Home/SmartThings apps (Android).

Multiple times.

Just and update on my issue (i.e. still not fixed). I’m sure Google is burning the midnight oil to fix my first-world problems.

-Tim.

FYI, I updated to the lastest Google Home app (android), unlinked smartthings from google home. uninstalled google assistant from smartthings and then linked smartthings again and everything seems to be working. Also, I went to the google assistant app on smartthings to tell it which devices to give control to the google assistant.

However, I do have an issue with controlling ecobee…

Latest update: (I have been out of office for the past two weeks). Both Google and SmartThings are still actively working on figuring out the UNLINK and LINK issue.

For anyone who has a problem UNLINKING, can you please try again? Google deployed a fix for this late last Monday (10/9). If it still doesn’t work please update me via PM or post in this thread

Again apologies for the issues you guys are all having!

1 Like

One more update: If you are having issues linking to Google Assistant and are using an Android device with a different default browser than Chrome, please try switching default browser to Chrome and try again. Please post here if that situation applied to you…

Lars, That seemed to do it! I’m on an android phone and after changing default browser to Chrome, i was able to link smartthings to google home. My device’s now show up in the Home app. I will verify control over the google home when i get home from work tonight.

I was unaware of this issue and in trying to fix and issue had unlinked and tried to relink my google assistant and smartthings accounts, but I seem to have run into the same issue as everyone else here. i keep getting an error: “Couldn’t update the setting. Check your connection.” help?

I unlinked my smartthings account from google on tuesday (10/10) to try and fix the nicknames for constantly being lost for my lights. I now have encountered the “Couldn’t update the setting. check your connection” bug. I am on an android phone with chrome as the default browser.

I install the firefox then back to google home and connect the smartthings and it works. It’s chrome problem. Thank guys.

Hi Lars, I am having the same “Couldn’t update your settings. Check your connection” issue as many people above that you have helped. Additionally, I have had 5 email communications with ST support and also spent the last hour on ST support chat with no help.

However, it seems you are able to do something to fix this issue (from what I can see above) that they are unable to do. So, if you can please help me out, that would be great. It says I can’t PM you because I am too new, so if there is another way I can get you my info, that would be great.

Thanks!

In the same boat as @mcgivey. Unlinked the account because it wouldn’t recognize devices I added today. Now I can’t re-link, and with the same error “Couldn’t update your settings. Check your connection”

Factory reset Google Home (didn’t fix it) and it’s broken on Google Assistant. Tried different web browsers as well.

@Lars I also cannot PM you. Can you reach out to me to get this corrected?

Thanks!

@Lars - Same issues as others. Tried unlinking and relinking and get the error “Couldn’t update your settings. Check your connection”. I also attempted switching between firefox and chrome on my android device. Also cleared cache in chrome. No dice so far. I’m going to stay posted for updates. Hopefully it gets fixed soon.

@Lars

Same issue as @j3x11. Cannot link with any device Google Home to Smartthings.

Tried:
Galaxy Note 8
Pixel XL
Moto x4
iPad Mini

This is really frustrating…

I got it back. Sorta. All I did was wait and try again this morning.

It’s working but ignoring my specifications on the Google Smart App as to what to allow Google Home to see and what not too.

I’m also on hold adding more devices because I’m too afraid to unlink and relink Smartthings from Google Home again…