Google Home Assistance - problems with ST - KNOWN issue to Google

Thanks for the info

Commenting out the switch line did the trick for me, I am able to add all my devices to Google Home.

Thanks @Lars for figuring this out, it was driving me insane.

1 Like

Commenting out the switch capability line in the Sensibo pod device handler did it for me as well. Im back online now - many thanks for sticking with it team, looking forward to the solution!

As a side note, I was never able to control the Sensibo device via the GH/ST integration anyway. I have a post about it somewhere. Only way to get it to work is via the direct Sensibo - Google Home integration - Hey Google, ask Smart AC to turn on the downstairs AC"
bit of a mouthful.

Ok, my issue is not related to the outage. I go to google assistant and to to settings and then home control. When opening that page it used to use SmartThings and I could login, now that page is blank, I cannot even start the login process. Any ideas?

I’d recommend looking at @AlexS post

Otherwise contact @Lars or @AlexS

:slight_smile:

Is that the page with headline “Home Control” that usually shows you a tab for Devices and one for Rooms?

Yes, that page that has the 2 tabs at the top. It is blank, I cannot even log into ST.

If you are on iOS, do you have the + button in lower right, or if on Android the “three dot menu” on upper right? That would take you to the list of services to add.
If not then something is seriously messed up in the Google App and I would try Google support.

So I got it to work on my secondary google account, my primary account, when I hit the plus button the screen is blank and says cannot reach provider, I guess I will have to contact google or just leave it the way I have it.

Hello! i tried step by step everything! including factory reseting the GH! I have the same problem on a Samsung S8 and a iphone 6. I think the problem is with the URL! i am on the eu shard https://graph-eu01-euwest1.api.smartthings.com/location/list and when i try to acces the https://graph.api.smartthings.com/hub/list (US URL?) 
 it gives me the following message : You don’t have any hubs yet. Please use the SmartThings mobile app to claim your hub. BUT
 if i go to " my location" tab i can then acces my hub and i am auto redirected to the EU URL. So
my opinion is that google home when trying to acces my hub it land on the https://graph.api.smartthings.com/hub/list and finds nothing so
 how can i delete the US URL from my account? and then maybe Google autoredirects to the correct landing page and finds something

Don’t worry, the graph URL is correct. Can you describe how/when things are going wrong as well as PM me your SmartThings user email.

I have the same issue. Tried every fix suggested including resetting both devices, no luck.
Works fine with Echo.

If it helps anybody. I discovered the alyc100 : MiHome eTRV also has the switch/thermostat combo. Commenting out the switch function allowed me to rejoin GH and ST.

1 Like

Just an update, we are planning to release an official fix for this on Tuesday. It is being tested right now.

3 Likes

Thanks for the update and setting a positive expectation

Using. ZXT-120 here also. Commented out the switch and it started working again.

Looking forward to a fix for this.

Shaun

Hi, please help me with this error. I can’t unlink my ST account! Thanks!

Line capability “Switch” in the device handler ZXT-120 IR Sender Improved removed, save and published. In Smartthings App - Automation - Google, all switches selected and thermostats left blank. Now all my devices appears in Google Assistant. SmartApps - gouldner : Thermostat On-Off Mapper still turns my AC on and of without problem.

Thanks for figuring this out!!!

What’s driving me nuts! is what caused all this in the first place? Everything was perfectly working, Google says they did nothing, and you guys say you did nothing, so who did what?

ST support is stll working on this. I’m still showing the old The Google Assistant on my ST smartapp screen. I have GH and ST on a old smartphone which is a Android 5 and on my current active Android 6.1 smartphone. It works on the Android 5 phone, the changes on the 5 phone updates the 6.1 phone properly but after awhile the old The Google Assistant will revert back on the 6.1 phone, crazy!