Google Home $99 at Google, Walmart, B&H Photo and BestBuy

Maybe the problem is that you have Echo Dot, not the full size Echo.

1 Like

Just an FYIā€¦ I havenā€™t seen this talked about (and I looked a bit) and probably wonā€™t affect most people, but right now Google Home does not fully integrate with Google Apps accounts. Glad to see google still doesnā€™t these synced up.

Echo dot is supposed to be identical to Echo except for the missing speaker.

It is supposed but it is not. I have read people complaining that they have to talk in its direction in order to be heard, exactly the same problem you are describing. Nobody has such problems with the full size Echo. I donā€™t have a Dot, Iā€™m just relying what I have read about it.

Interestingā€¦I wonder what else would be different?

The software is the same, the hardware is somewhat different. Playback is the obvious difference, the tile echo has a much better sound.

If you only have V2 Dot, you are missing out. I said the same thing about 2-3 hours after V2 was delivered, both the Bluetooth and the mic are not as good as original Dot or the Echo. I can sit in my living room with the V2 look right at it, give a command and have a 50/50 shot that either the Echo in dining room or V1 in kitchen will be the one the responds, NOT the V2 sitting 10ā€™ from me.

My dot is a V1.

Iā€™ve had equally good luck with both versions of the dot. I think these just vary a lot based on placement.

1 Like

So hereā€™s something cool I just figured out. When you add devices to rooms, you can control ā€œlikeā€ devices natively. For example, I have 4 lights, 2 fans, and a Harmony hub in the master bedroom. After adding them all to the correct room in Google Home app, I can tell GH to turn on/off all of the lights in the master bedroom, all the fans, or everything in the master bedroom. I know you can do groups in the Alexa app to accomplish the same thing, itā€™s just cool to have that ability natively.

You guys probably knew this already, but I thought it was cool :sunglasses:

Extra $25 off $100 from Google Home today with visa checkout!
No need for a filler at BestBuy. You will get $24.75.
Time to return the one I bought yesterday.

2 Likes

Just posted it, Didnt see this.

Where do you go for the extra $25 off?

VISA checkout. Go to cart, sign in to VISA checkout, and see discount before placing an order.

1 Like

about the visa check out offer, it says one per customer, so even if I use different credit cards added to visa checkout, i will only get the $25 once?

Technically thatā€™s what the terms areā€¦ Butā€¦ BB is still discounting itā€¦ Even with the same cardā€¦
Pretty much playing with fire at that momentā€¦

1 Like

Did the BB deal, got $24.75 off, $3.71 in tax, total of $77.96. I can live with that!

Is this visa checkout for new customer only? I did it twice now and the discount didnā€™t show up at all.

Iā€™m not new to either BB or Visa Checkout. Have you used Visa Checkout elsewhere recently and gotten a deal? Maybe only certain Visa cards are good with this like Amexā€™s discounts?

Youā€™ll have to checkout using visa checkout, instead of BBā€™s normal checkout.
Do you have 0 sales tax in whereever you are? Some people said this might affect it.